Page 49 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay that's great news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone started on cetratide!? Couple of hrs I'm starting on it so onto two injections a day arch as if one wasn't bad enough! I am feeling very bloated today the nausea is much better and the migraine has finally gone, must be used to the gonal f now! Has anyone had any side effects from cetrotide? Is anyone else feeling exhausted??? It's definitely all worth it but I can definitely see how tiring the process all is ;(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clucky that's great! We are almost in sync, I got a call from the nurse asking me to come in for a scan on Friday. It is a good feeling progressing and finding out more about what is going on internally rather than wondering all the time. It makes it all worth it!

My clinic do a 2 day transfer with the antagonist cycle, is anyone else here expecting to do a 2 day transfer? I guess they all differ depending on the clinic and the cycle you are on.

Good luck to the ladies who are on the 2ww

Thanks
    Reviews
    We sure are do you Inject in the Tum? Are u on cetrotide?? I want to Inject in the buttocks but did not ring and check so now Prob will go for the Tum till I know it's ok ? Argh I hate needles !

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Wow! I haven't been on in a few days! Missed heaps!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I inject on the top of my thigh but I get hubby to do it, I can't bring myself to do it

I have heard of many ladies doing it in the bum but my clinic recommended stomach or thigh wherever you felt most comfortable and there was enough fat to pinch

No I am starting tonight on orgalutran, but must be similar I think and both an antagonist injection? Doing it in about 45 mins, apparently this one will sting a bit and the nurse told us that it's a bit harder to penetrate the skin (not sure I needed to hear that!!) I feel your pain I hate needles and it takes me a good 10 minutes sitting down with hubby to relax and allow him to do it. I have a routine now and pull to my women's weekly or new idea to start reading either recipes or something that interests me. Then after reading for a while I tell him ok you can do it but not straight away, once I say go he has to wait at least 5 - 10 seconds! I also can't look at the needle makes it so much worse so he preps it all in the other room. I am a nightmare!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha ah you sound as needle phobic as me! Hubby has been doing all of mine too! I've been doing well he has the gonal in the bum cheek lol just did the cetrotide in the Tum I really thought it would be painful and worked myself up so much I had a cry and hubby had to calm me down! I put a ice pack on for two mins and he did it and you know what it was no where near as bad as I was expecting !ice pack definitely makes a difference I thought he was still going and he had finished ! !!I think all the poking and proding just got to me today, bt, ultrasound and gonal and cetrotide . Though now I know the cetrotide wasn't so bad no tantrums tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Leala12 View Post
    I inject on the top of my thigh but I get hubby to do it, I can't bring myself to do it

I have heard of many ladies doing it in the bum but my clinic recommended stomach or thigh wherever you felt most comfortable and there was enough fat to pinch

No I am starting tonight on orgalutran, but must be similar I think and both an antagonist injection? Doing it in about 45 mins, apparently this one will sting a bit and the nurse told us that it's a bit harder to penetrate the skin (not sure I needed to hear that!!) I feel your pain I hate needles and it takes me a good 10 minutes sitting down with hubby to relax and allow him to do it. I have a routine now and pull to my women's weekly or new idea to start reading either recipes or something that interests me. Then after reading for a while I tell him ok you can do it but not straight away, once I say go he has to wait at least 5 - 10 seconds! I also can't look at the needle makes it so much worse so he preps it all in the other room. I am a nightmare!!
    Last edited by clucky14; 15-01-2013 at 18:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Can I join you all here please? We're hoping to do FET early February, just waiting for AF now!!

We only have one Frostie so we've got everything crossed it's a sticky

All the best to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsAskBelieveReceive View Post
    Ok so Im now 8dp5dt (8 days past a 5 day transfer) and couldn't help but POAS this morning. I had the faintest line appear so realllly hoping it's the real deal. My bloods aren't until Fri. Again just taking it one day at a time because each step in this process is more than I've ever achieved through natural methods - so excited for each stage I progress to.

I have found this website useful and thought those post transfer might also. It's a good way to track what your embie might be up to once back inside of you!
    http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer

Well wishes to all who embark on this journey. It's really something you can never truly understand until you're in the midst of it and is a testament to all of us and the strength and love we all hold in our hearts for future bundles of joy.
    MsAskBelieveReceive, your news got me so excited! I hope the blood test will confirm your pregnancy ! I hope this thread will be lucky one for each and every one of us!
    Im on my 7th day of the cycle, waiting for ultrasound and blood test on thursday, will find out then whether im looking at collection on Sat or earlier next week.... Oh Im getting so worried with all the " what ifs".....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clucky, it's definitely a tiring process! But I had a really good day today. I think the side effects are much worse for me when I don't get enough sleep. The two days that have been the worst (Headaches, dizziness, emotions) were both days that I was a little sleep deprived. I even went for a run this morning.. I haven't run in like 10 days cause I have been pretty sick (on top of IVF stuff). So I am really glad I am starting to get better and only have to deal with the ivf side effects!

Greenmoon welcome! How long you been doing IVF for??

I have another BT/US in the morning.. really wanting to know whats going to happen. Hoping that I won't get OHSS and that I can do an embryo transfer this month. I am hoping that feeling good today is a good sign!