Closed Thread
Page 47 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

What a busy thread! To the ladies asking about internal u/s, mine were never more than 1 minute per ovary for follicle tracking. It just depends on where you go. The place I got sent to was Sydney Women's Ultrasound, you get on the table, they give you a post it notepad and pencil, they call out sizes really fast and you have to write them down. All while having an internal lol, concentration plus!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so Im now 8dp5dt (8 days past a 5 day transfer) and couldn't help but POAS this morning. I had the faintest line appear so realllly hoping it's the real deal. My bloods aren't until Fri. Again just taking it one day at a time because each step in this process is more than I've ever achieved through natural methods - so excited for each stage I progress to.

I have found this website useful and thought those post transfer might also. It's a good way to track what your embie might be up to once back inside of you!
    http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer

Well wishes to all who embark on this journey. It's really something you can never truly understand until you're in the midst of it and is a testament to all of us and the strength and love we all hold in our hearts for future bundles of joy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsAskBelieveReceive For This Useful Post:

Tessagirl  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay good luck! How exciting !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerikiwi View Post
    Welcome Vetttc, I have all my fingers & toes crossed that this is goina be the lucky one for you!

I jus had my transfer today day5 blast, & now joining the 2ww club. My preg test is on the 26th Jan.

will find out 2moro how many frosties I have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I like that idea takes your mind off what's going on a little lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix View Post
    What a busy thread! To the ladies asking about internal u/s, mine were never more than 1 minute per ovary for follicle tracking. It just depends on where you go. The place I got sent to was Sydney Women's Ultrasound, you get on the table, they give you a post it notepad and pencil, they call out sizes really fast and you have to write them down. All while having an internal lol, concentration plus!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (16-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix View Post
    Hahahahaha this made me laugh! I imagine a little tongue poking out in concentration. The radiologist down here are so secretive. They never give anything away. I remember when i got my last internal to check my ovaries the lady was counting and i was reading her lips trying to find out the number (evidently 34 on one ovary made her eyes bug out) and when i asked out aloud she wouldnt tell me. Said i had to wait and check with the dr.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmac3 For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (16-01-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Is it wrong that I'm kind of excited to have a new topic to research? I've been (prematurely) reading about 3dt and 5dt. What does your clinic like to do?

Thanks
    Reviews

Ms ask believe - that is a VERY promising sign you have a BFP as long as you have not used any pregnyl injections in the past 3 days. I have never seen a second line in that window ever, must be an amazing feeling. Good luck !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had my ultrasound wasn't as bad as I was expecting though fairly uncomfortable when near the ovary ! Pretty cool u can see them on the screen ! Not sure of exact number but she said it was good and that some are the size they' should be at this stage and some still growing . Can't wait to get the call this afternoon it's a good feeling I know it's all working

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Is it wrong that I'm kind of excited to have a new topic to research? I've been (prematurely) reading about 3dt and 5dt. What does your clinic like to do?
    Hi Rainbow Road

My FS said it was all dependent on the quality of the embies. So I had 3 fertilise, and if there was at least 1 which was doing really well, they'd hold off until day 5 for transfer. If they were all just doing "ok", they'd likely do a 3 day transfer in the hope that them being in the uterus would help them along.

Ended up I did a 5 day transfer with the best one and the other 2 weren't viable for freezing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by vetttc View Post
    Ms ask believe - that is a VERY promising sign you have a BFP as long as you have not used any pregnyl injections in the past 3 days. I have never seen a second line in that window ever, must be an amazing feeling. Good luck !!!

thank you vetttc, I think I must have blinked about 20 times and looked at it under every different light and angle just to be sure I wasn't imagining it. I'm still being cautiously optimistic.
    Again, any progress is more than I've achieved before.

My trigger (ovidrel) was on New Years Eve, and then again on 8th Jan after my ET to support the endometrial lining further.

From everything I see and read, it seems like a bit of a lucky dip to honest. There really isn't a hard and fast rule about who will have success on this journey and who won't.

hopefully when I POAS tomorrow morning the line will still be there....

Where are you at this round?