Closed Thread
Page 46 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Oook so i am on the pill and i forgot it always makes me bloody sick! Everytime without fail when i take it i come down with a cold in the first week! Wtf? Got a question though, are any of you ladies with repromed adelaide? The nurse was saying she is going to courier the meds down to me on the 24th and then i thought tonight :/ hmm when do i have to pay? Cos im not sure if they expect payment or a down payment before or after? I will have to ring them tomorrow anyway, but thought i would check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

MY APPOINTMENT UPDATE:
    We are doing antagonist with HA-ICSI lowered my gonal-f dose from 225 at MIVF to 150. She will grow my follicles a bit bigger, say 20mm (she thinks the poor result I got out of 20 eggs might have been many were immature) she is hoping for a lesser number with better quality. We are aiming for a 5 day transfer & if the quality is good they will transfer 1 but if the quality isn't what she wants, she will suggest a double transfer (eek)
    Also this time she wants me on more progesterone support so will have me on crinone at night & pessaries in the morning! Fingers crossed - start tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clucky14 I also have my first scan tomorrow. Quite anxious to get it done and make sure everything is working as it should be.

I must say day 5 an sick on the injections, got a big bruise on one leg last night so have swapped over. Provided everything is working as it should be will commence the 2nd injection tomorrow. Really keen to get everything booked in and have dates for the Egg collection ( dont know the term??) & ET. It's so hard being patient with all the unknown.....

Told my boss today he is very supportive and easy going which is great and have just given him the heads up I will need time off but don't know when yet.

Also bought nature's cuppa from the health food store, it's amazing! Just like instant coffee but no caffeine and all organic!

Hope everything is going well for all, it's great having somewhere to let out the thoughts running through my head so thank u all for listening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, wow this is a busy thread it is hard to keep up!
    Thank you to those who have welcomed me to the thread.
    My pregnancy BT is scheduled for the 23rd.
    A tip that helped me with reducing the sting and bruising of injections: ice the area before and afterwards, and inject the stingy ones super slowly, like 0.05ml then stop, then another 0.05ml and so on until it's all in. Remove and insert needle very slowly as well. This works for clexane, pregnyl, and orgalutran etc. It's hard to inject slowly as you want to get it over with but it's worth it! I used to inject everything really fast and got big bruises and stinging etc - then someone told me to go slow and it made all the difference. Happy jabbing!
    I am already going crazy with this 2ww. And I am nauseous from the pregnyl as well as depressed/fatigued. Urgh!
    Good luck everyone who has appointments/BT/scans/procedures tomorrow. I will be looking for your news
    Last edited by vetttc; 14-01-2013 at 20:12.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by shell'80 View Post

Question for the ladies who have started jabbing. How does it work? Re: scans blood test etc?? I work full time and want an idea of what to expect.
    Hi Shell, at my clinic bt are done every second or third day but early in the morning and no appointment so I can usually get them done before work.

Ultrasounds are a bit tricker as they are done by appointment, and sometimes can't be fitted in outside of work hours. But they usually only take 20 mins so if I can't get a morning appointment I'll usually try for lunch break (luckily the clinic is close to my work). I usually only have maybe 2 or 3 ultrasounds before EPU, usually more frequently as it comes close to EPU day.

It all gets a bit tricky trying to fit it all in with work sometimes. Not sure if all clinics do the same bt/ultrasound schedules, so yours may be completely different to mine...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck to the girls getting ultrasounds tomorrow!! Let us know how you go

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hey tessagirl,
    I'm having treatment with mivf and I'm seeing dr kokum. She's really lovely. I originally saw her at box hill, but think I'll be seeing her for u/s in at east melb. Which is alot further away from my work. Your so lucky u work near urs

Good luck vett !! Fx for ya!

Good luck everyone for BT tests and u/sounds tomorrow.

Baby dust and sticky vibes ladies xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've noticed that people seem to get pretty early positive pregnancy tests with ivf. I am assuming this is because the embryo(?) is more developed when they put it in.. so its not like waiting after normal ovulation? Is this true, or am I just confused by all the letters and numbers that often look something like this 7dpt5dt. Or is it just a normal TWW?

Thanks
    Reviews

Beanie you can sometimes see a positive on a home preg test 9 days after a 5 day transfer (9dp5dt) which is still 2 weeks from egg pick up or normal ovulation. Some embryos are slower to produce hcg levels high enough to pick up on home preg tests so you can still sometimes get a positive BT when a home preg test was negative. BT is usually 11 days post 5 day transfer. Transfer day is day zero.
    Last edited by vetttc; 14-01-2013 at 21:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else at concept clinic subiaco? Will wave to you in the waiting room when in there on Thursday for my ultrasound, bloods and nurses appointment.