Closed Thread
Page 42 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to say the same thing, now it really sux and is hard when you work Fulltime to fit everythng in but it's also a really good feeling to be moving forward. Hope you get to start very soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivfforbaby View Post
    I can't wait to join u all next month with injections never thought I would be so excited to be having injections lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies! Can I join your thread? I've just discovered it, I've been on another site's forum in the long term ttc and have felt very out of place becuase this is my first IVF cycle!
    I'm on CD3 and started my injections today (yuck!) and have my first scan tomorrow. I'm so excited to be finally starting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jilapril,
    i have done 2 ivf cycles with orgalutran. And omg yes painful. Stings like crazy. Lucky it's only once a day. Just imagine that baby and what your doing this all for, that's what I think about when I have to do it. Also inject the liquid very very slowly. Doesn't sting as much if you do it super slow. Goodluck. It is sore for sure but its only a few days. Positive thinking
    best of luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsjones For This Useful Post:

jilapril  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjones View Post
    Hi Jilapril,
    i have done 2 ivf cycles with orgalutran. And omg yes painful. Stings like crazy. Lucky it's only once a day. Just imagine that baby and what your doing this all for, that's what I think about when I have to do it. Also inject the liquid very very slowly. Doesn't sting as much if you do it super slow. Goodluck. It is sore for sure but its only a few days. Positive thinking
    best of luck.
    Thanks Mrsjones, Im glad im not the only one. Im happy to report though the second and the third injection werent anywhere near as painful as the very first one. We must have done something wrong the very first time.
    Ladies, I just wanted to wish good luck to every one of us, to those who just waiting to start, those who injecting and everyone else. Let it be our licky cycle.
    Beanie87, Im feeling dizzy on GonalF too and ver lightheaded, but , as the girls noticed earlier, when you drink heaps of water you feel less dizzy. Good luck everyone, Im off to my second ultrasound and blood test. Feeling bloated already and its only my 6 th day ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4furbabies View Post
    Hello Ladies! Can I join your thread? I've just discovered it, I've been on another site's forum in the long term ttc and have felt very out of place becuase this is my first IVF cycle!
    I'm on CD3 and started my injections today (yuck!) and have my first scan tomorrow. I'm so excited to be finally starting!
    welcome to our thread 4furbabies! I think there are many first timers here im one of them. Good luck with your injections

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Hello, can I join? I haven't read all 400 and something posts though!

Here's my backstory: I'm 23, DP (female) is 26. We've done 3 rounds of IUI, one which ended up in a chemical pregnancy and 2 BFNs so onto IVF for us!

I got my af yesterday (today will be cd1) so I will call the clinic later to book on. I really don't know what IVF will entail (I get the basics, but not sure about the nitty gritty) so looking forward to speaking to my Clinic and finding out.

It's a bit daunting.

We will be using unknown (identity release) donor sperm for our cycles. I have no apparently fertility problems.

Good luck to everyone! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally agree! When are u doing ur ultrasound ? Mines tomorrow morning argh I know something is going on cos I have have had the migraine from hell last two days !
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    Its such a tricky thing this IVF stuff... who to tell, who not to. The reason I have chosen to only tell a couple of friends is because I can't handle the thought of having to tell people it hasn't worked. If that happens I will struggle enough just having to deal with it myself.. although I did tell my boss. And I am ok with that.

MCGbertie it sounds like you have worked it out pretty well.. and its so great that you have that space away from ivf at work. Also, can totally relate how your husband is to mine. He has a no fuss attitude and doesn't let me put off the injections and then if I start getting nervous, he says, "dont think about it, just do it." It's helpful though.

Bedlover I guess its true that you just never know the circumstances behind a pregnancy. Being young I am sure that once we get pregnant no one would ever in a million years guess the struggles that it took for us to get there. I think its just important to always be sensitive about this stuff.

I just want today to be over with. I want to do this ultrasound/BT in the morning so I know how everything is going. I am soooo hoping something is happening down there. Because as stupid as this sounds, it just doesn't feel like much is happening!

The ladies that have found out how many follicles were growing- did it feel like there was lots happening? lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well.. I had my bt and ultrasound this morning. Its kind of good and bad news. I have lots of follicles (I think there was about 15), but they are worried I am going to over stimulate. Nurse said that I have lots measuring ahead for this early. So they have to wait for the results from my BT this afternoon to find out what to do next.
    She said they will probably either go ahead as normal and risk OHSS and just do the EPU early on Thursday (which will mean less mature eggs). Or they will do it on Friday, but give me a different trigger shot that will help to prevent the OHSS. And they will probably also lower my dose of gonal f. But I think this means waiting a month for them to put an embryo back in. I think either way, I may have to wait if I am too stimulated.
    What sounds crazy to me is that she said if we do it thursday you might get 4-5 mature eggs. If we do it friday you might get 10-15 mature eggs. One day can make that much difference?!
    So I guess all the dizziness and tears are for a reason- she said it was all totally normal. Thanks for the advice girls, I've been drinking heaps of water.. I have 3 water bottles on rotation in the fridge

Welcome 4furbabies and rainbowrd. Nice to have you both. I am a newbie to IVF too.

I would like to add that you ladies that work full-time and do this are courageous! I really don't know how you do it. Between the headaches and the light-headedness I am not looking forward to being back at work this week (part time). I just want to curl up on the couch and sleep. Sooooo sleepy.
    Last edited by beanie87; 14-01-2013 at 09:42.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

So I have my first appt on the 31st to make sure I've ovulated and to start the blocking drugs? Hahaha going to need to get the hang of the lingo aren't I?!

Kind of looking forward to 3 weeks of not thinking about ovulating!

And obviously scraping every last penny we have to afford it :/

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome 4furbabies & rainbowrd 😃

Beanie, I went through that possible scenario last cycle. The main priority is that you are well, my FS told me that I lose nothing by doing an FET when my body is rid of all the hormones. Time will tell, hope you're doing ok with all the h2o!!

I hope everyone is doing good today!