Closed Thread
Page 40 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Beanie, I had no idea what was happening down there -- I shared your fear that there would be nothing going!

Re: telling people, we've actually told lots of people (though I am on contract at work so haven't told anyone there, which is tricky). I find it easier than enduring comments and questions about when we're having kids --"Actually, we've been trying for 2 years, had two miscarriages and are going through our second round of IVF" -- kind of stops the comments in their track.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (13-01-2013),MGC Bertie  (14-01-2013),Tessagirl  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha.. love that. I often dream of telling people it how it is when someone who doesn't know us at all asks us when were having kids.

All our friends know we are trying, know that IVF is a possibility... just don't know we are doing it right now.

Also thanks... so glad to hear you didn't feel like anything was happening!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beanie87 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls! I Picked up rest of medication today as well as another blood test. Picked up more gonal f, also cetrotide and ovidrel. I'm on day three of gonal f and pretty much first day till now have been nauseous so ,much that I'm eating half of what I normally would, and have had worst migraine on and off since yesterday, a little teary but not too bad. Argh the joys then had to get up early today for another blood test. All I can say is this process is physically and mentally exhausting ! Back to work 6am tomorrow then Tuesday first ultrasound and another blood test,sigh I know it's all worth it and really hope for a BfP even though I know it may not happen first round it would be awesome if it did! I feel like I a, being a pain with work having to change my shifts so much but they have been pretty supportive I still feel like a nuisance though !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Beanie, I had no idea what was happening down there -- I shared your fear that there would be nothing going!

Re: telling people, we've actually told lots of people (though I am on contract at work so haven't told anyone there, which is tricky). I find it easier than enduring comments and questions about when we're having kids --"Actually, we've been trying for 2 years, had two miscarriages and are going through our second round of IVF" -- kind of stops the comments in their track.
    I had no idea anything was happening until after trigger. Even then, it was more of a case of not being able to put shoes and socks on without feeling a bit uncomfortable. It was such a relief to get to see follies at each ultrasound!

I've told most of the people I work with closely at work, it was hard not to especially when I had to have 2 weeks off with OHSS. Everyone has been really caring and good about it, but having said that, I do work in the health profession where there is a certain level of appreciation with what people doing IVF have to go through, so I'm thankful for that. My personal feeling was that I found it really hard to be evasive with reasons for absence and when I was feeling hormonal, so once I wrapped my brain around the fact that this was DH's and my journey and no one else's, I became ok with sharing.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beatrix For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (13-01-2013),MGC Bertie  (14-01-2013),Tessagirl  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    UPDATED ROLL CALL

WAITING TO START
    VMuchInLove
    Sariele
    Deb01
    MARTTC
    MrsErinR
    Ivfforbaby
    mrsmac3 (Pill)
    Qloulou
    hopefaithbelieve
    Mich4761
    MGC Bertie
    KateDerek
    Tango22
    sooz80
    KnittingNancy (Pill)
    Twiglets
    Shell80

SNIFFING
    littlesunflowers
    cassie83
    Castle

JABBING AWAY
    beanie87
    clucky14
    Leala12
    GStef (Scan 18/01)
    jilapril
    Bindy111
    Carrington
    Mrsjones

EPU

FET
    Beatrix (mid Feb)
    Reniorxxx
    bedlover (end Jan)
    Tessagirl (end Jan)
    wishful05
    Ngaiz
    safam (mid Jan)

ET
    Kerikiwi (Day 5) 14/01

TWW
    MsAskBelieveReceive
    BettyW

GRADUATES

HUGS NEEDED THIS TIME

UPDATES NEEDED
    Katelyn Kelly (?), jaandaw, Strawberry55, Veritas

(Apologies if I've missed anyone! Please feel free to copy and update)
    Last edited by Beatrix; 13-01-2013 at 16:16.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beatrix For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-01-2013),mrsjones  (14-01-2013),Tessagirl  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessagirl View Post
    Hi girls

Had a sad day yesterday, my very unsympathetic and insensitive boss told me that she's 6 weeks pregnant, also saying that she wasn't that fussed if she had kids or not and certainly wouldn't do ivf (she got pregnant straight away).... and had previously told me that the need to have kids is selfish. Grrrr stupid cow! Omg I never talk like that but seriously some people should really think about what they say. I am happy for her and everyone else that I know that are having babies but at the same time I'm so incredibly sad for me, couldn't stop the tears yesterday and had to leave work to pull myself back together. I don't find that the meds cause too many symptoms rather it's the whole process for me, the wanting and waiting :-( I know we'll get our chance.
    Tessagirl, infertility is a minefield of emotions when interacting with people. Before DH and I ever TTC, I sometimes asked people if they were going to have kids, and now I wouldn't dream of it. Like they say, "when you know better, you do better". When I returned to work recently after having some time off for OHSS, my friends did the sombre face and asked me if I was alright, but then without missing a beat, started complaining to each other about their kids' sleeping habits and a whole manner of other child-related issues they were having. Whilst I see these complaints as perfectly reasonable at the best of times, there was such a glaringly obvious absence of tact there that I had to walk away from. I obviously had nothing to contribute to the conversation other than to smile and commiserate along with them, while internally feeling that I had nothing in common with them. It also didn't help that right then, a co-worker who had complained all through her perfect pregnancy about how quickly she fell pregnant (first go) walked in with her newborn!

Everyone who does IVF/IUI is courageous! The more empathetic people around us will understand this, even ones who haven't had to go through the process. The others may never understand, and will push our buttons from time to time, but it's probably because they've never walked in our shoes. I hope you're feeling better x

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beatrix For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-01-2013),nik862  (13-01-2013),Tessagirl  (14-01-2013)

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry Beatrix.

We will be doing ivf with icsi, had all our appointments last week. Was shocked when they sprung it in me that I had to do a trial needle test, but I did it like a champ haha... I haven't seen DH move away do fast in his life tee hee.. He isn't a fan of needles. I never felt a thing.

AF isnt due to next month so it looks like we will be starting first lot 'ever' of treatment in the first week of Feb. I'm soooo..... Excited but nervous at the same time

Will keep you updated.

Hope everyone is doing well. xoxo

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shell'80 For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (13-01-2013),MGC Bertie  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt and still do feel the exact same way. The time will come up fast and you will be jabbing before you know it
    I really wanted to start december and was so disappointed that I couldn't due to a blood test result not being back, but the time has flown and will be day 4 jabbing tomorrow. Trust me it will be next month soon, keep yourself busy so the time flys!

Quote Originally Posted by shell'80 View Post
    Sorry Beatrix.

We will be doing ivf with icsi, had all our appointments last week. Was shocked when they sprung it in me that I had to do a trial needle test, but I did it like a champ haha... I haven't seen DH move away do fast in his life tee hee.. He isn't a fan of needles. I never felt a thing.

AF isnt due to next month so it looks like we will be starting first lot 'ever' of treatment in the first week of Feb. I'm soooo..... Excited but nervous at the same time

Will keep you updated.

Hope everyone is doing well. xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews

Post Hello new to this thread

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join this thread, I am also on long term ivf warrior women thread but it is very quiet and lonely so I thought I would join you here...
    I just had a morula and an early blastocyst transferred yesterday, so am in my 2ww. This is our sixth IVF cycle, we never get any frosties and this cycle has been the same - although we used donor sperm this cycle so were hoping for a better result but unfotunately out of my 7 eggs collected only 2 fertilised and those are the two they put back on day 5 - they both had less than 10% fragmentation but were not as advanced as we would have liked.
    Preg test is on the 21st I think. Am on pregnyl injections every 3 days until the 16th then nothing. I prefer the injections as the pessaries are so nasty
    Anyway thanks for reading, looking forward to reading your posts to help distract me during the 2WW....

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome vetttc! This is a nice positive thread to be in. Good luck for your tww :-)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

vetttc  (13-01-2013)