Closed Thread
Page 4 of 157 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind if I join you? I am doing my first ivf cycle in January. I start on the pill when af arrives around 12 December, not sure when injections will start at this stage.

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I finally got my blood test for gene testing back today after a long 7 week wait! Good news so I am happy, though it's a shame if they were back last week I could have started my first cycle this month. Next month is out for us as away for Chrissy so January It is! And will be going straight onto injections. It's funny but I can't wait to get started ! I guess least I can have some new years drinks there seems to many of us starting January

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clucky, Its a good time to start in January I think. Gives us all something to look forward to and a little hope for the new year. Although, I would loved to of started earlier. But these things just can't be rushed- so I am working out!

Vmuchinlove- Finally got my nurses appointment! They called early this morning. So I am in on the 13th December! Did they mention to you at all that they would be really busy in Jan, so may have to wait until Feb? The lady that called this morning didn't mention it at all, so I am hoping it will be ok!

Nope, pretty much all my friends have gotten pregnant really easy! Only one took 11 months. But everyone else, bam, pregnant in a month or two. And one of them complained that it felt like forever. I had to really bite my tongue. So I definitely don't know anyone who has done IVF. My best friend is about to start TTC and I am a little scared. I know other people will get pregnant, it is just going to be hard when it's my best friend. I talk to her pretty much every day and we see each other all the time. So its really going to be in my face all the time. I just hope I can really be happy for her.

People are always amazed when I say I am married. Its always a conversation starter thats for sure. If I see another young married gal in there in Jan, I'll give them a nice big smile.. maybe it will be you! Whens your cycle due to start in jan? Mine is pretty early on, like the 3rd or 4th.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, January is a good time to start 2013 will be a good year!

Beanie - Yay!! They didn't mention anything to me either. When we first found out we were going to do IVF I wanted to try and do a cycle before Christmas, so I called up the clinic and asked if there was a wait and they said there was a 6 week wait to see a nurse? But that was about 6 weeks ago now so they must've had a bit of a busy patch because our appointments are only 3 weeks away. I'm pretty sure that after we have out appointment with the nurses, we can start as soon as AF comes.

It's hard having someone close to you TTC. My best friend has a 16 month old, and when she was born that's when I thought, okay I'm going to start tracking ovulation, etc because it wasn't happening for us Then they started trying for their second and they fell preggers pretty easily, she's almost 5 months now with a boy! It was really hard to hear that and I know she didn't want to tell me because she knew it would be a little hard. I'm kinda used to it now but every now and then you'll hear or see something that makes you think, omgosh I want a baby so bad!

Re my cycle, mine's due around 15 Jan - you'll be able to tell me how it goes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll definitely let you know how it goes I am not too worried about the needles- only the first one! But I think once that one is over and done with, I'll be right. I think I will get my husband to do the first one... or all of them. Probably all of them. I want him to be a big part of everything.

I am seriously glad there are other people on here to vent to and talk about everything that is going on.

Bring on january, I say!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beanie87 For This Useful Post:

clucky14  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is everyone doing to keep sane between now and the start of IVF??

I need ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seems like there is a few of us starting in the new year I can't wait to start and thank goodness can do short cycle. Isn't it funny when you initially are told the news IVF is the way to conceive that your whole world feels like it's ended but then you get closer to the start date and you get so excited but still impatient !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    What is everyone doing to keep sane between now and the start of IVF??

I need ideas!
    Haha I need some ideas also! Working Fulltime so during the week isn't too bad though dosnt help that where I work has a childcare centre and I have to pass it every morning and lunch to get coffee and my lunch! I find the weekend worse as hubby usually is af work and I find myself with too much time on my hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm... so we need to get brainstorming. Weekends alone and bored will not do.

I don't work full-time and I am about to finish my degree on monday, which means lots more time on my hands!

I am starting the christmas shopping next week. Actually, christmas is a great distractor. I should plan some christmas dinners! That could help... I just won't tell my guests that i invited them over to stop myself going insane .

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Strawberry55 - Welcome! Good luck with your first cycle. Not long for you to wait

Clucky14 - Yay for good news. I think January is a great month to start has a lucky feel to it. I'll be joining you with those injections

Beanie87 - I know it's not the same as I already have a daughter but everyone in my mothers group and my ivf group from my first child are all pregnant with their second (some have already had their 2nd!). I started before all of them so I can definitely relate to how you are feeling. My SIL has just started trying and I know she's going to start getting pregnant straight away.

Also passing the time is hard!! My every moment is consumed with thinking about ivf, having another baby and my miscarriages. My only break is the 4 days I work as my job is full on. I plan to keep busy by trying to lose weight, keeping busy with Christmas functions, spring cleaning (I mean culling!) my house and having acupuncture, massage etc appointments.

You're organised getting christmas presents! I haven't even written a list of names yet eek!

VMuchInLove - good luck with your cycle x your best friend sounds like mine she just had her second baby this week but is very sensitive to my situation.

We've all had throat and ear infections this week so I'm hoping to be feeling good enough tomorrow to actually leave the house and do something fun! Hope everyone else is having a great weekend x