Closed Thread
Page 39 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Just catching up on all the posts, pick up injections and estimated Epu is end of Jan.

The stories of dp cornering those people for injections did make me chuckle. I must be odd as after my last injecting I missed injecting, may be as it felt as injecting i was doing something positive.

Mind you I have to put injections in the other fridge as my hubby can't even look at the boxes of injections as it makes his legs go like jelly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Twiglets For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am freaking out about that one!
    Quote Originally Posted by jilapril View Post
    Ladies, so I am on day 4 of my short cycle ( gonal f ) and after my ultrasound and blood test today I was told to start Orgalutran asap , so I had my first injection of Orgalutran and OMG it stings like crazy! So painful! Has someone else had the same reaction? I really didnt expect it to be that painful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    I am freaking out about that one!
    Clucky14, sorry about my post I didnt mean to worry anyone.... Just wondering if someone else found this injection to be painful at all.... Or is it just me being super sensitive...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    So transfer 9 days later wow . I didn't ask when mine would be hmmm might ask so I can have a rough idea tomorrow when I go for another blood test ... .
    Clucky - I am doing FET so no injections etc for me. All they are looking for with bloods is ovulation then they transfer my 5d blastie 5 days after I ovulate. And they can guess ovulation pretty well based on your cycle length (o is 14 days before your period). From when I did a stim cycle I think it is harder to predict as it all depends on when your follicles get to the right size.
    Still worth asking - I am a control freak so love knowing what is happening when!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh, and I did have more of a reaction to orgalutran , gonal f was EASY! More stingy and sometimes itchy, but certainly not terrible - I had bloods that's stung more!! Try making sure the needle stays in while the liquid all goes in, and pull it out straight (not on a slight angle). We found pinching the skin up helped and we did get better at it. Some days were worse than others but it was only for a short time.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

jilapril  (12-01-2013),MGC Bertie  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Hi girls
    Betty W and Kerikiwi- yey for you guys. Hope the tww goes super fast and that you both get the results that we're all hoping for, lots of "grow baby grow" wishes to you both

Jilapril- I recall that orgalutran did sting for me a little (but nothing unbearable so don't worry to all who haven't got that far yet!), my only tip is squeeze your belly real hard whilst injecting, at least you know that transfer won't be to far away now :-)

Bedlover- sounds like we're on almost the same timing for our FETs :-) What protocol are you doing? I'm on Progynova and pessaries, no needles this cycle (not that they really faze me too much anymore, I kind of look forward to them as they mean something is happening in contrast to all the waiting!)

I finally got my af yesterday, day 37 of my cycle! Thanks Marttc for your words of wisdom, we have decided to go ahead with out FET this month even though my cycle has been all over the place. Had bloods this morning and the clinic seems to think I'll be fine, yippee, don't think I could handle waiting for another month! I start Progynova tomorrow, have bloods and ultrasound on 23 Jan and transfer hopefully not too long after that :-)

Had a sad day yesterday, my very unsympathetic and insensitive boss told me that she's 6 weeks pregnant, also saying that she wasn't that fussed if she had kids or not and certainly wouldn't do ivf (she got pregnant straight away).... and had previously told me that the need to have kids is selfish. Grrrr stupid cow! Omg I never talk like that but seriously some people should really think about what they say. I am happy for her and everyone else that I know that are having babies but at the same time I'm so incredibly sad for me, couldn't stop the tears yesterday and had to leave work to pull myself back together. I don't find that the meds cause too many symptoms rather it's the whole process for me, the wanting and waiting :-( I know we'll get our chance.

Anyway good luck to everyone at whatever stage you're up to with your cycle, looking forward to lots of EPU, transfers and baby news :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jilapril... I found orgalutran definitely stings more than gonal f. But I don't think its too bad. I actually think that after the injection is done it feels like I have been bitten by a nasty ant. Its red and stingy for about an hour than it goes away. What I find a little creepy is that I can feel the liquid going in under my fingers where I am pinching the skin!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to beanie87 For This Useful Post:

jilapril  (13-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tessagirl.... I am so in sync with everything you say about your boss' comments. I haven't told anyone at my work, as I so know it's all going to be gossipy rather than supportive. I've tried to be strong and sit at lunch to talk to others about their respective baby problems (e.g. lack of sleep, babies being sick and other minor issues!!), but on a number of occasions, couldn't stand it any longer and make some excuse to leave the room. I usually sit there the whole time thinking, "if only they knew what a real baby problem was". I try to be happy for them, but more often than not feel sad for myself, as they really just have no idea. Then I get annoyed at myself that I can't blame them, because I haven't shared our baby making problem with anyone, so round and around in circles I go. Eventually I get back to some sanity, knowing that not telling them is the right thing for me, as it's hard enough for DH and I, without having to go to work everyday, constantly explaining things to people, telling my story so many times etc etc. This way, work has been the normal thing in my life for the past year, and it means that I get time to be busy and not think about IVF. Strange, but it works for me. Well, sort of!! Lol.

As to injections - there's no magic thing that works for everyone. Some injections hurt one day, but not the next. Some leave no mark, but on another day leave a huge bruise depending where you go in. Some people say to ice the area first, but having cold ice on my tummy is worse than just jabbing the needle in and getting on with it. Definitely I agree to grab a nice fold of skin tightly and jab it in there, rather than doing it on a tight piece of skin. And I find half of it is just the sheer worry, hence why my DH has a no fuss attitude, and just gets it done as quickly as possible, totally ignoring any irrational things I say to him at that time (usually me wanting a tissue, or wanting to go to the toilet, or any other kind of procrastination plan I come up with!!) He's great!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Tessagirl  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Tessasgirl - I am doing nothing pre ovulation and the progesterone pessaries after and that's it. Feels weird like I haven't actually started!

It is so hard when other people have a seemingly easy time, but just as many of us choose not to talk about our fertility struggles in the "real world" I always try to remember that many other people struggle and don't talk about it as well.

When we were ttc, if people asked I would joke that we totally weren't ready even though we had been trying for ages. Then at the same time I fell pg a girl in my office was really open about the fact that they couldnt conceive and that they were going to have to start IVF etc. Everyone was trying to play down my pg so this girl wouldn't feel bad, my boss even had a meeting with me to ask me to "tone it down on the pg stuff" around the office to be sensitive to this girl.

My initial reaction was to scream "I have been through everything she has and more to get this pregnancy and I will talk / be excited about it all I want", but then I remembered it was my choice to keep it a secret. To the outside world, I was the career focused one who kept joking about kids getting in the way and not being ready, then turning around in the next breath and announcing I am pregnant.

Of course they would have assumed the pregnancy was either an accident or getting preg after only just trying for a second - because that is what I chose for them to see.

As we start the journey for #2 I am still the same - if people ask I say I want more children but just not yet, even though I would fall over myself to be pregnant by now!

I guess my point is that you never know what is going on in other peoples lives, regardless of what they tell you.
    xx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-01-2013),Tessagirl  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its such a tricky thing this IVF stuff... who to tell, who not to. The reason I have chosen to only tell a couple of friends is because I can't handle the thought of having to tell people it hasn't worked. If that happens I will struggle enough just having to deal with it myself.. although I did tell my boss. And I am ok with that.

MCGbertie it sounds like you have worked it out pretty well.. and its so great that you have that space away from ivf at work. Also, can totally relate how your husband is to mine. He has a no fuss attitude and doesn't let me put off the injections and then if I start getting nervous, he says, "dont think about it, just do it." It's helpful though.

Bedlover I guess its true that you just never know the circumstances behind a pregnancy. Being young I am sure that once we get pregnant no one would ever in a million years guess the struggles that it took for us to get there. I think its just important to always be sensitive about this stuff.

I just want today to be over with. I want to do this ultrasound/BT in the morning so I know how everything is going. I am soooo hoping something is happening down there. Because as stupid as this sounds, it just doesn't feel like much is happening!

The ladies that have found out how many follicles were growing- did it feel like there was lots happening? lol