Closed Thread
Page 37 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Thanks Keri, fingers crossed for you as well!! My transfer is at 8.30 (Qld time).

My nurse also said to take fibre and drink lots of water as the anaesthetic can 'back things up'. I felt mega bloated the day after EPU and has gotten somewhat better each day. Was also munching Panadol for a day or so.

Thanks to everyone else for the good vibes as well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tessagirl View Post
    Thanks Marttc for your response. I'm sure it is just my body having a hissy fit because of what it's been through over the past year (2 fresh cycles and a canceled FET as none of our frosties survived the thaw).

Also thanks for clarifying what a chemical pregnancy is. I'd never heard of that term before joining bh. At day 12 my hcg only rose to 4.6 and the following day I got my af so I'm guessing that makes it a chemical pregnancy as I believe the ovidrel is hcg so can cause false reading.

Anyway I shall just be patient and wait for af. Do you think I should take another month off to let my body recover properly before I try our FET? I think I know in my head that that is what I should be doing but I just don't want to wait any longer! :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Not at all
    My friend had a negative & filling month BFP!
    The HCG in your body will drop very quickly! Mine went from 3 to <1 in a day...

Thanks
    Reviews

*following

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pear juice is supposed to be a good laxative following anaesthetic/surgery - it's what was recommended to me after the laparoscopy/hysteroscopy.

So funny hearing stories of you cornered by your husbands each morning for your injections! My DH is now even more glad I was able to do my own! Interestingly I don't remember "freezing" on the button but I do remember finding it difficult to manoeuvre my hand up to be able to press it hard enough. My only nervous reaction now is sweaty palms, so I pinch up the skin with one hand, wipe the other hand on a hanky, then pick up the pen with my thumb near but not on the button. Another thing I found scary at first was letting go of the pinched-up skin, but I've worked out now that it doesn't mean the needle goes places it hasn't already!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kerikiwi View Post

I have been quiet sore since my EPU, has anyone else been sore? its mainly in my lower back, I seem to wake up in the middle of the night in pain, then take a couple of Panadeine Forte and then I seem to be ok for the rest of the day. I have been drinking water like a machine and 1 x Gatorade a day to avoid OHSS, I dont feel sick or anything. However I have had no bowel movement since EPU, anyone else experienced that? the nurse has just told me to take Metamucil, so I will try that.

I find out early in the morning if they are going to go ahead with my day 3 ET and if so it will be at 9.15am!
    Keri, how are you feeling now? I hope things are moving along re: bowels. After my EPU, the nurses told me I would need to watch out for constipation because of my crazy estrogen levels (over 15,000). I didn't end up having constipation, but did have diarrhea. I was super sore for a few days after, but I honestly think drinking 3L fluids per day helped to keep me out of hospital. A lot of the US forums recommend Gatorade to avoid OHSS, it seems to work. I went with coconut water for electrolyte balancing, both do the same thing in my opinion. Hopefully you will get a transfer tomorrow! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    Hope all goes well for you girls Beatrix I agree it's just nice to go to the coffee shop to have a break from my computer at work. I'm switching to one small one instead of my usually large and from two a day to just the one Andrade decided its either a coffee a day or a can of diet coke not both. Just wondering I started purge on today I know that there is also a trigger later on but is there any other ones you get given to inject???
    Clucky, I've not done Puregon, I did GonalF, but from what I understand, Puregon is a type of hormone similar to FSH? Are you doing an antagonist cycle? I did GonalF to stimulate the follies, then had to add Orgalutran about 5 days in, to stop me from ovulating, and then my final shot was the trigger (Ovidrel). 😊

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Ladies
    I'm weirdly starting to get excited that I'm so close to jabbing. AF is due any day now & I've been freaking out as I really need it to hold off till Sunday / Monday... & my FS appointment to discuss my treatment, which I already know is the same as the last - antagonist. So hopefully by Tues/Weds next week ill be jabbing! So close... I have so much positive thoughts about this cycle & the fact we are using Lynn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    BettyW, well while I am typing this, I'm sure your embryo will be implanting

I am feeling a lot better today, after having a bowel movement, I ended up taking a suppository! thanks Beatrix & Littlesunflowers, I might try Coconut water and Pear Juice to keep me regular

I just received the phone call from my Embie Lady and transfer is now going to be on Monday (day 5) at 9.45am (Perth time)
    I started off with 7 fertilising, and today @ day3 I have 5 good quality ones. 4x 8cell, 1x 9cell and I also have 1x 7cell. Positive vibes that they all survive till monday

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kerikiwi For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

That's great news Keri, lots still growing and it means they're confident they'll make Day 5!! Will they update you again tomorrow? Great stats!!

My transfer is done -- now the real waiting begins! *drumming fingers impatiently*

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What is everyone planning to do on transfer day? Business as usual or staying in and resting? I haven't thought that far ahead yet!