Closed Thread
Page 36 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bettyw Hoping your embies make it overnight. Praying that they will! And if there isn't as many as you hoped.. you just never know, right? It might be just enough.

Mrsmac thats really great!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beanie87 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Leala12- I've been doing a long down reg cycle. Been on Synarel for 4 weeks. Continuing that and 300 puregon. I've got a scan fri 18th and hopefully EPU on the following wed.

How about u?

Ur coffee plan sounds good. I'm just trying something called natures cuppa. It's naturally caffeine free so better for u than decaf, it's got roasted barley, rye, chicory and malt. It's not bad, taste like an average instant coffee...

Thanks
    Reviews

Betty, don't lose heart, 3 compacting is pretty positive for day 4. I've been told that no 2 cycles are the same, so even though there are less this time doesn't mean that you won't have success.

Regarding coffee, I'll be switching to skim chai's as soon as I start my FET cycle. I'm one of those people that just likes going and getting something from the coffee shop every day lol 😁

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beatrix For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi everyone!
    It's all starting, how exciting. God luck !

An update from me. Start sniffing on Sunday (day 20 preceding cycle). I am usually a 27 day girl for AF however have heard that synarel can delay AF. Anyone experience this? Start jabbing on day 6 with 125 Gonal F.
    DH took in a sample the other day to freeze however they weren't happy with it. We were told his count since failed vasectomy reversal would fluctuate. It sure is! So it is looking more and more like we will have to proceed with Tesa. Which is what we thought all along, however got excited at the thought of not having to. I was a bit disappointed about the sample but all good now as we're fully prepared for tesa. So DH will be in line behind me on Epu day. We can be sore together.
    Not looking forward to hot flushes in this heats wave! I have a presentation skills course to attend next Tuesday, be funny if I was a blubbering mess when it comes my time to get up and speak. Praying for no mood swings!

x x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope all goes well for you girls Beatrix I agree it's just nice to go to the coffee shop to have a break from my computer at work. I'm switching to one small one instead of my usually large and from two a day to just the one Andrade decided its either a coffee a day or a can of diet coke not both. Just wondering I started purge on today I know that there is also a trigger later on but is there any other ones you get given to inject???

8. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

Beatrix  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh BettyW fingers & toes crossed for you sweetie!!

GStef that natural coffee stuff sounds good, I might go searching for it on the weekend. Can u buy it from regular supermarkets?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gstef I am on the Antagonist cycle do injections for the first two weeks My ET should be around the 23rd Jan if everything goes to plan. It's a fairly short cycle, all up about 28/30 days

Nature's cuppa sounds great- I must go get some tomorrow!

Best of luck for you BettyW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I am usually a 27 day girl for AF however have heard that synarel can delay AF. Anyone experience this?
    Yeah, me pretty much. I was on Lucrin which is basically Synarel in injection form, and both down regs I did my AF was delayed by a few days. There are things you can try to bring it on quicker. I found a hot bath worked one of the times; got it about two hours afterwards! Some girls drink parsley tea (fresh parsley steeped in hot water for at least two hours). DTD can work too, and wearing white pants or doing an HPT are a couple of the funnier "murphy's law" things you can try too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    Wow that is great news Kerikiwi! 7 fertilising is awesome! Can't wait to hear how it all goes

I am so hoping enough follicles are growing for me! Find out Monday morning with blood test and ultra sound. I told the two ladies I work with today and they were really supportive. My boss said they would work the roster around everything which is really great!

Vmuchinlove it will go quick and be here before you know it! It is going pretty quick for me at the moment... can't believe I am about to start on the orgalutran tomorrow morning!

Beanie87, hope all goes well with your scans/bloods on monday you have lots of follicles growing.

I have been quiet sore since my EPU, has anyone else been sore? its mainly in my lower back, I seem to wake up in the middle of the night in pain, then take a couple of Panadeine Forte and then I seem to be ok for the rest of the day. I have been drinking water like a machine and 1 x Gatorade a day to avoid OHSS, I dont feel sick or anything. However I have had no bowel movement since EPU, anyone else experienced that? the nurse has just told me to take Metamucil, so I will try that.

I find out early in the morning if they are going to go ahead with my day 3 ET and if so it will be at 9.15am!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    I'd get massive headaches if I tried cutting coffee altogether. Plus not having it actually stresses me out -- sounds stupid but it's such a part of my daily routine! I'm happy with my FS sanctioned one per day.

Instant actually has more caffeine than espresso -- because espresso is quickly 'expressed' (water pushed through ground coffee) it doesn't actually contain as much caffeine as instant, which is whole beans ground up and freeze dried. Espresso has a stronger taste because it still contains the oils from the beans. Of course, if you're buying a giant cup from Zaraffas that has 3 or 4 shots in it, you will get a fair bit of caffeine!!

I'm feeling a bit low today -- lab called and 4 embies didn't make it overnight. 3 of the remaining 5 are compacting, one is a 12 cell and one is only a 9 cell. This isn't awful in itself but last cycle we only got 8 eggs and on Day 4 we had 5 embies -- so despite getting nearly twice as many eggs this time we have the same number of embryos on day 4 (and last time 4 were compacting ). And last time we only got one viable blastocyst. So I am a bit disappointed and feeling worried in the lead up to tomorrow's transfer -- what if none make it to tomorrow?

Anyway, enough of my navel-gazing -- best of luck to those of you who have just started injecting, and to those about to start!!
    BettyW, I will be thinking of you 2moro! hope all goes well. remember we only need one good one! I find out first thing in the morning if I am going to have a day 3 ET and if so it will be at 9.15am. What time is yours? & I wont find out till the morning on how many have survived the last couple of days.