Closed Thread
Page 35 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gstef we are in sync! What type of cycle are you doing?

Thanks Gstef & Vmuchinlove. It's hard to know which way to go, I have heard so many conflicting things, I guess it comes to choosing which advice to take. I am not a huge caffeine drinker, can easily not have coke and have decaf teas anyway but my one coffee in the morning keeps me going for the day at work. I really should have tried to cut back off it sooner, I have done no caffeine before I got very bad headaches so it took some time to get used to. I think I will try halving the coffee I have in the morning and making it a very weak one, then slowly cutting back to decaf. It's very difficult to go cold turkey off it...... But I need to prepare myself for when I do get pregnant.

Yes I heard that about ibuprofen, I usually only take nurofen as I get bad neck/shoulder paisn which cause my headaches as well. 2 weeks ago I cut out nurofen and only take panadol now as needed.

So much to think about and consider when going through this....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hadn't even thought about the no coffee thing! Yikes. I have been drinking a bit more coffee in the past few weeks... only like 3 or 4 a week. But I might as well quit while I am ahead. Time to stock up on pomegranate juice and pineapple core. And apparently an egg mcmuffin according to another thread.

I started the orgalutran this morning.. it is definitely a little trickier to push in. And its left my skin a little red and bothered. But its not too bad at all. Just a little harder to stick in than the Gonal f pen. I was also a little nervous and couldn't press down on the needle after sticking it in, so my husband did it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beanie87, I think that's the worst for me as well. I think I could get the needle in but I wouldn't be able to push it down, my thumb just froze I couldn't even bend it! I imagine the second injection may be a bit bigger so would be worse. At first so against the idea of hubby putting it in but now I have completely changed my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did it ! First Injection 5am this morning . Hubby injected it for me it hurt a bit going in but it wasn't too bad though got a bit of blood so had to put a bandaid on! Glad to have gotten started though feel a little blah and pale this morning but could also be from af. Found out my doc will be away for retrieval this morning which sux and was offered chance to start again next month but said no as keen to get it done so will still go ahead .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love my coffee! Since I get up 415 I need one ! I decided to stick to only a small cap when I am at work and that's all my caffeine for the day I just going to cut down from two to one .cant see it doing any harm.
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    I hadn't even thought about the no coffee thing! Yikes. I have been drinking a bit more coffee in the past few weeks... only like 3 or 4 a week. But I might as well quit while I am ahead. Time to stock up on pomegranate juice and pineapple core. And apparently an egg mcmuffin according to another thread.I started the orgalutran this morning.. it is definitely a little trickier to push in. And its left my skin a little red and bothered. But its not too bad at all. Just a little harder to stick in than the Gonal f pen. I was also a little nervous and couldn't press down on the needle after sticking it in, so my husband did it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done clucky!! 5am is early! I struggle out of bed at 8am at the moment

Leala12 it's so good to have them there, huh?! I was just scared to move my hand from where I had held it to stick it in, to the top of the needle to push it down. It just felt super awkward and then I got nervous!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Roll call update for me is Fet in a week or so

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Leala12- I've been doing a long down reg cycle. Been on Synarel for 4 weeks. Continuing that and 300 puregon. I've got a scan fri 18th and hopefully EPU on the following wed.

How about u?

Ur coffee plan sounds good. I'm just trying something called natures cuppa. It's naturally caffeine free so better for u than decaf, it's got roasted barley, rye, chicory and malt. It's not bad, taste like an average instant coffee...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

I'd get massive headaches if I tried cutting coffee altogether. Plus not having it actually stresses me out -- sounds stupid but it's such a part of my daily routine! I'm happy with my FS sanctioned one per day.

Instant actually has more caffeine than espresso -- because espresso is quickly 'expressed' (water pushed through ground coffee) it doesn't actually contain as much caffeine as instant, which is whole beans ground up and freeze dried. Espresso has a stronger taste because it still contains the oils from the beans. Of course, if you're buying a giant cup from Zaraffas that has 3 or 4 shots in it, you will get a fair bit of caffeine!!

I'm feeling a bit low today -- lab called and 4 embies didn't make it overnight. 3 of the remaining 5 are compacting, one is a 12 cell and one is only a 9 cell. This isn't awful in itself but last cycle we only got 8 eggs and on Day 4 we had 5 embies -- so despite getting nearly twice as many eggs this time we have the same number of embryos on day 4 (and last time 4 were compacting ). And last time we only got one viable blastocyst. So I am a bit disappointed and feeling worried in the lead up to tomorrow's transfer -- what if none make it to tomorrow?

Anyway, enough of my navel-gazing -- best of luck to those of you who have just started injecting, and to those about to start!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Ok im officially starting the pill! My needles will get to me on the 24th jan! How exciting!!!