Closed Thread
Page 3 of 157 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

I may be jumping the gun a bit as my FS appointment is on 23rd Jan, so may not cycle until March after tests etc.
    We are going for number 2 after a long road conceiving number 1 (he was our last chance before going the donor route, from a cycle we were advised to cancel).
    Anyway, being an old timer I'm happy to answer any questions that any newbies may have.
    Good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vmuch in love thats great! I was so happy when I heard that I was going to be on the short cycle. Just seems a little less daunting to not have to go on the pill first, that thing really messed with me when I was on it. I think its an age/health thing, I turned 25 a few months ago and I don't have any issues so my fs said that a short cycle would be better. It's our first ivf cycle too.. so I am really impatient to start! I am waiting for a phone call today to book in my nurses appointment. I wish they would hurry up and call!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Yeah I didn't like the sound of going on the pill for a whole month before we start either, so I was pretty excited when they said we didn't have to do that! we have to do the short cycle though because I have PCO (minus the S, hehe) and there's a chance that I might get OHSS if we do it the long way.. The (sort of) downside for me doing it this way is that if I produce too many eggs they won't give me the HCG trigger, they'll give me something else which means I won't get OHSS but they'll have to freeze my eggs and do a FET the next month.

& I'm still waiting to book my app too! Lol.. Still waiting to get registered on their system.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Everyone. Beanie87 and VMuchInLove I'm doing a short cycle as well. I'm stoked not to have to do the pill or synarel which I hated last time. I have had 3 failed cycles this year and my new rule is to go on a holiday between cycles just to force myself to have a break. Looking forward to getting away in December. Good luck to everyone x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vmch inlove, I am waiting to be registered too! Are you at westmead by any chance? It just sounds kind of similar to me. I had my appointment last wednesday and I wish all the papers would hurry up and get through.
    The nurse told me yesterday that they might be really full up in Jan, so I may have to end up waiting until feb to start. which is really frustrating. And on top of that, my FS is afraid of OHSS with me, so is putting me on the second lowest dose which may mean I won't be produce enough follicles that first cycle. This is a looooong journey, that's for sure. Lots of patience needed.

Carrington really hope that this new year brings you a baby.. sounds like its your turn!

Thanks
    Reviews

It's all so exiting! Hehe.. Carrington that's a great way to help with cycles, hopefully you won't need to do that though, fingers crossed for you! it just so happens that we've got holidays booked for March, so I'm kinda glad how that turned out.

Beanie87 - Yes I'm going through WFC, actually I just booked my appointment with the nurse for 11 Dec!! I called my FS's office to get registered just in case they had forgotten about me because it had been a week since I signed the consent forms.

Thanks
    Reviews

I forgot to say, my FS told me the same thing re the low dose to prevent OHSS. I'm trying not to think about that too much fingers crossed for you! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow. How funny. Maybe I will see you in there one day! we will probably stand out being young (and I look like I am barely 20)! My FS told me they often turn young people away and tell them to keep trying. So were lucky were getting started! Yeh I am waiting for my papers to come through still... argh. They said they would call back today, but didn't. So I will give them another call tomorrow. And hopefully I will be able to get my appointment. Just sooooo hoping January is going to be fine to get started. Do you have any friends who have been through IVF?
    We have a holiday booked at the end of feb. We might end up having to miss a day or two, but its at the end of my cycle, so really hoping it will be ok! It could be a great way to spend the two week wait, if that ends up happening.

Carrington, that is a really great idea about holidays in between cycles. Only problem is my husband has really bizarre work hours which makes getting away on the weekends pretty much impossible. Maybe we will just have to squeeze in little one nighters here and there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hahah how cool would it be if we did end up crossing paths?!? I feel your pain about looking really young, sometimes people are a little surprised when I tell them I'm married :-/

No, none of my friends have been through IVF or have had problems TTC which makes me feel a little alone sometimes. None of my DH's friends have has issues either. He does have a couple of friends that he talks to about it which is really cute (him sharing his feelings, hehehe!!). How about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bugger, I just accidentally deleted my whole post! :-(

Is anyone else planning a long cycle (down reg)? We tried a short cycle earlier in the year but I had a terrible time with it, ended up getting mild OHSS. We have had success with the long cycle before so thought we'd try that again.

Also we have one frozen embie in the freezer but thinking of saving it till later and trying a complete fresh cycle in Jan instead as we've never had a frostie survive the thawing process before. Has anyone else experienced this or faced a similar decision?

Love the holiday plan Carrington. We've been doing something similar. We're heading off for a three week holiday over Chrissy very soon and will get back just in time to start our next cycle. Also just realised that we've got enough velocity points for a return trip to Fiji for our little family Hmmm now that sounds nice, just got to save up some leave to be able to do it!

Good luck everyone for lots of baby news soon