Closed Thread
Page 27 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for ladies that have started or have done IVF before.

How far in to the injections did you start getting side effects? What were they? So glad I have a bunch of people to chat to on here. Otherwise, I might go crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    Question for ladies that have started or have done IVF before.

How far in to the injections did you start getting side effects? What were they? So glad I have a bunch of people to chat to on here. Otherwise, I might go crazy.
    For me I got side effects from 150 Puregon after about 3 days... tiredness. When I introduced Orgalutran the tiredness got much worse and I just felt a little flaky. It was hard to concentrate. Also, bloated, and that stayed with me through the whole cycle really but was at it's worst just before pickup.

I also started to get some decent bruises on my tummy after a week or so. Looks worse than it feels.

After transfer, the progesterone pessaries gave me PMS type symptoms. For me, these were the worst of the meds.

This all sounds so terrible sorry...but it's really not. You deal with is as it's just something you have to do to get that baby. I'm happy to have had a little break but keen to start again and go through it all again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MrsErinr. Thankful to know what I am in for. I am not too worried about the side effects. More just interested to know what lies ahead. As weird as this sounds.. I kind of want a couple of symptoms, just so I know the meds are doing their job. I am sure I will change my mind if I get them! But it's kind of like how i can't wait for morning sickness and all that. The nurse told me that the stuff at the end is the worst too. Bring it on .

Has anyone had to take time off work for the side effects?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Mrs Erin's experience with the symptoms is very similar to mine. Bloating and headaches after a few days. With Crinone, I noticed my boobs felt bigger really quickly.

Beanie I hate snakes! I would have freaked. Kind of good it took your mind off the injections though -- I would go to bed at night thinking about having to do one the next morning. My clinic didn't say you press down for 10, they said keep it in for 10 after the counter has gone down to zero (or yours might say 225??).
    My second injection ever I had to do at work at lunchtime which was really weird -- snuck into the toilets with my injection pen in a lunchbox with an ice pack and sat in a changing cubicle with my heart beating super fast and hands shaking because I was so nervous!!

The lab called, 11 fertilised. This is a lower rate than last time where I got 8 eggs and 7 fertilised, but I still have more potential embies...

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerikiwi View Post
    Does anyone know how many sperm are to a straw? I forgot to ask my FS today. They collected 19 straws, i hope this is good??
    Hi Kerikiwi, the number of sperm in a straw depends on whose sperm it is and how healthy it is. We have donor sperm for our cycle, very well-analysed it would be, and FS said they will defrost one straw each full stim cycle - so basically one straw per egg pickup. But if you have a partner having sperm retrieved for infertility reasons, or it's been frozen a long time, they might have to defrost multiple straws per cycle to find healthy enough sperm.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

Kerikiwi  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yep.. mine went down to zero. But also the amount of liquid in the actual pen went down to about 225. And thats true about it the snake taking my mind of the injections though! It sure did!

Betty, I don't know too much at the moment about fertilization rates, but 11 sounds really good to me?!? I would be totally thrilled for that many this cycle. So now do you just wait to see how they grow?

I was so glad my husband was there with me for the second injection. I was even more nervous doing it today then I was with the nurse at the clinic yesterday. So doing it at work, alone, would definitely be really scary!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    Has anyone had to take time off work for the side effects?
    I didn't have any side effects from the injections, and I was worried that nothing was happening because of this, but I ended up getting a good count at EPU. I just wanted to let you know that sometimes it really doesn't feel like anything is happening, but it is!

I had to take a few days of work before EPU because the clinic advised me to. They said the more I moved the ovaries around, the higher my E2 would go. So it wasn't that I was feeling terrible, just their advice.

Betty, 11 fertilized is excellent!
    Last edited by Beatrix; 08-01-2013 at 13:48.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks mrsmac3 I'm on a low gi diet now plus replacing some of my meals with a diet shake now and again to lose more weight would like to get into double digits before starting and am only 7 kilos of achieving this I just want to start now but they say the smaller I am the more likely I will carry full term but what about all the other mums out there that haven't had ivf do it I don't know it just frustrates me

Thanks
    Reviews

And thanks mrserinr will have to look some of these ones up lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow so many of us starting this month! So glad i found this forum good luck girls I will be praying for you! Hope you get the BFP you are after! I'm awaiting impatiently for AF to arrive I know she is on her way due to extreme tirednes, bloating and tum pain. Due round 10-18 th as I am not regular but hoping they arrive earlier rather than later! Really not looking forward to injections and having to get up super early to get them done as I start work 6am in the mornings but i guess when we want something so much we just have to do it. Plus did I mention I'm a needle phobe! Have got myself a ice pack today in preparation ! Has anyone got some tips that won't make it hurt so much? And I really hope I don't turn into a moody cow will be fun at work!
    Last edited by clucky14; 08-01-2013 at 19:08.