Closed Thread
Page 19 of 157 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MarTTC... my DH and I have just had a good giggle of your description of your injections, as the crying and performing each night describes me exactly, plus throw in a good amount of hyperventilating!! And yes, with me it's more about the needle, the psychological fear, as really it doesn't hurt at all. I've done two cycles, and though it has got much easier, I do still "perform" for 5-10 minutes too each time. My DH has this routine now where he prepares all the injections, stands me against a wall (because then I can't back out of it!!) and just gets on with it, regardless of what performance I throw on any particular night!! He's so good :-))

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Lucky 2013, all!

No idea if this will help but someone gave me a giggle by telling me that daily injections are just like something else done to result in babies...a little prick, a bit of a squirt of fluid, and voila.

Meanwhile I have found I can make myself an IVF ticker for my signature so it can tell me how little time is left until the pointy end of the cycle is over - very happy with how low it is already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you guys make me laugh I start injections as soon as af arrives and I am hoping they don't come early as hubby is away till Saturday!! And there is no way I can do it myself ! It's hard to predict when mine are due as all over the shop though If I go from last couple of months they should arrow anywhere between 10 - 16th. I'm on leave at the moment so ideally would have been good to get it started now but most likely will start when b k at work and hoping injections don't make me grumpy. Has anyone found the medication has made them angrier ?! Haha I am pretty worries its going to make me a angry bi$@h! Will have to try control myself at work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF arrived today for me, and I'm very nervous that I have a problem. However, because our fertility issue is male factor infertility, I feel that the Drs are quite dismissive of my concerns. I have a 26 day cycle, and I worry that I ovulate too late during my cycle. Whenever I bring this up with my Drs, they tell me not to worry because AF will arrive like clockwork 14 days after ovulation, no matter when you ovulate, but for me that hasn't been true. Our last FET I ovulated day 15 and got AF on day 26, as I ALWAYS do. I don't know if hormone levels will get high enough fast enough to stop AF, even if the embryo does implant. We have had 2 unsuccessful single transfers and the only time we had success was a double transfer....hormones plenty high enough there!
    Sorry for my rambling, it's just frustrating to feel that I may have an issue holding us back, but they only see me as this perfectly healthy specimen because DHs problem is so serious. I've tried taking vitamin B6 but it hasn't lengthened my cycle much so far. Oh well, FET in a couple weeks, only one left, here goes......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Safam, I've had a similar thing a few times and my FS said it could be a Luteal phase defect. He is putting me on extra HCG this cycle after transfer. I also read that vitamin B6 can help --how long have you been taking it for? Have you looked into Maca or seen a Chinese herbalist?.

Was a 3 needle day for me this morning -- Gonal-f, Cetrotide and Luveris.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys are all very funny. Helps me to relax and have a little giggle about what lies ahead. I like the tips on injecting- like the ice pack! Definitely will be trying that. And I am about to youtube people doing their injections.

I have started getting a couple of af pains this morning.. So I am thinking I will be starting in 3 or 4 days. It's usually the way. Kind of hoping it comes early so that I am off work for longer. I don't go back until the 13th of Jan.

Safam I don't know too much about IVF yet, but I am sure others on here will be able to give you some good advice!

Littlesunflowers- how do you make those ticker/signature things?! I have tried to figure it out with no luck.

Clucky14 I hope your hubby gets home before af! Sounds like you should be ok if youre not due until the 10th-16th. for you!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by littlesunflowers View Post

No idea if this will help but someone gave me a giggle by telling me that daily injections are just like something else done to result in babies...a little prick, a bit of a squirt of fluid, and voila.
    LOVE this! Giggles.

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Starting 1st cycle of ICSI in Jan 2013

Hi Ladies

We are in the process of starting our first ICSI cycle in the next few weeks. We have our final appointment this Friday then AF is due on Monday so fingers crossed we can start next week! We are doing the antagonist cycle ( not 100% of the difference with the other cycles as yet this is all very new). Hubby (who is 33) & I ( I am 25) have been trying for two years now so I am finally feeling positive that this might actually become a reality. I have a history of PCOS however everything seems to be working just as it should now, after having a laproscopy and multiple scans there is no reason why I can't fall pregnant. Hubby got tested and he has a high sperm count but has poor morphology. He had been tested twice in the past two years but the normal GP tests came back fine, we then got the detailed analysyis through the clinic which came up with poor results. Really can't wait to start this, it feels like it has been a really long road to get here. It's hard not to think about it 24/7 though. We had our counselling session yesterday, as much as they say this can take 6-12 months it's hard not to have so much hope on the first cycle..... Just wanted to share and looking for some extra support

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Leala12

Welcome! it's going to be really nice having the support of this forum! My DH and I start our first cycle in the next few days, whenever AF decides to show! Picked up the pill and nasal spray today. So ?egg collection early Feb ( that's so far away.... the nurse today said that they can time the collection to suit so that if something else important is going on we can put it back, I laughed so hard when she said this - I'm pretty sure my life is partially on hold while we go through this... )

I also found a fertility friendly diet on the Genea website which looks really good, there are shopping lists and recipes! and it's all free and no login needed

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    MarTTC... my DH and I have just had a good giggle of your description of your injections, as the crying and performing each night describes me exactly, plus throw in a good amount of hyperventilating!! And yes, with me it's more about the needle, the psychological fear, as really it doesn't hurt at all. I've done two cycles, and though it has got much easier, I do still "perform" for 5-10 minutes too each time. My DH has this routine now where he prepares all the injections, stands me against a wall (because then I can't back out of it!!) and just gets on with it, regardless of what performance I throw on any particular night!! He's so good :-))
    haha.... Glad to hear there more people out there like me!
    I also forgot to mention I take injections out of the fridge about 30 mins before, apparently is also another tip! How bad is it though, I don't like a nurse to inject me let alone my husband with no medical training!!! but we get through, we do what we have to do to cope!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-01-2013)