Closed Thread
Page 13 of 157 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow so many of us for jan! I'm from Syd also. I am now officially on 2 and a half weeks leave . Af due a week after I am back at work so will be starting straight on the injections around the 10th to 16 th. af never on time! Now I have to keep myself busy so I don't go crazy!!! I am super excited but the nerves are also starting !

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF is trying to start this morning, which means only one more cycle before I get to start stimming... yet again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Hi all, I'll have to do another stim cycle come jan as we learned yesterday that none of our 7 embryos grew to day 5. So demoralizing.

Sariele, how many stims will this be for you?

Clucky, I'm from syd too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beatrix - So sorry to hear. I've had similar demoralising news like that to do with fert rates, and the only reason I got a transfer both times is because my old clinic was dodgy and do Day 1 transfers in situations like mine. I hope you have better luck next cycle, and that they can recommend something new to try. In answer to your question, I'll be starting my 4th stim in January. Over it, to say the least. There seem to be quite a few in this thread who are anticipating their first cycle, and I'm finding the excitement and enthusiasm so difficult to relate to, even though I was fairly excited for cycles 1-3.. No excitement now, just resignation/detachment.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sariele- thanks for replying. This was my first cycle and I must say I was less than enthused about starting it, probably due to concerns that the stim drugs would make my endo worse. Needless to say that it only got worse from the beginning with hyperstim & embie issues and ultimately no transfer. But having said that, today is day 6 and the lab just called to say they have frozen 1 hatching blasto grade 2/3, so at least I get a slim shot at FET.

4th stim for you, I'm sure you've had a gutful of injections by now, literally. Best of luck for the next one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix View Post
    But having said that, today is day 6 and the lab just called to say they have frozen 1 hatching blasto grade 2/3, so at least I get a slim shot at FET.
    Oh that's great; I had a similar thing happen on my last cycle. I had just a slow morula transferred on Day 5 and was told my other one would pretty much be going in the bin... only to find out when I got my lab summary two weeks later that it was actually frozen on Day 6! It went from a 12-cell compacting on Day 5 to a blasty on Day 6, but FS didn't want to use it in an FET yet, as he said because of its weird growth he doesn't have high hopes for it. Nice to know it's there though, even if I'm sceptical that it would even survive thawing.

4th stim for you, I'm sure you've had a gutful of injections by now, literally. Best of luck for the next one.
    Thank you. Just got to keep going; it's all I can do since we know 100% that DH cannot possibly get me pg! I think this cycle I might be having less injections, as I think FS wants to try me on Elonva, which is a single stimming injection that slow-releases over about one week. We'll see how that goes.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GStef View Post
    Forgot how much I hate Synarel !!!
    Heh, I was thinking that myself! I think I might even prefer the injected medications. Yet another of the crazy things I find myself thinking as I go through IVF!

Can anyone else taste Synarel for a half hour after taking it? An hour a day of that is really annoying. Though I guess I always know I've remembered to take it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep!! Can taste it right now! Yuck! I would rather injections! I don't mind them at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I did my down reg cycles I had Lucrin instead of Synarel, and I was soooo relieved; I knew that I would do much much better with an injection than a nasal spray. I can't even use Fess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im starting a long down reg cycle in the new year (injections late January), starting Provera now, then OCP and Synarel (not looking forward to the yucky after taste!!). crossed we get somewhere, Im not expecting to fall pregnant first cycle - as long as my body reacts to the medications Ill be happy!

Enjoy Christmas girls, 2013 is going to be a big year for us!!