Closed Thread
Page 116 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1561
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shell'80.... it varies such a lot, due to factors such as different clinics charge different amounts, different protocols have different drugs, whether you have private insurance or not, whether your medicare rebate has kicked in yet or not for the year :-)

My first cycle - out-of-pocket $4,600
    My second cycle - out-of-pocket $3,000

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Our stim cycle was about $5k out of pocket, I think this FET will be about $2-3k out of pocket but haven't got the bill yet so not 100% sure!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you everyone for sharing their out of pocket expenses. It certainly is alot more when a surrogate is involved, my out of pocket expenses are about $16,500!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

It's been a while since I've been on here so sorry if I've missed anything -

Leala12 - congrats!!! That definitely looks positive hoping that the BT comes back to confirm the good news.

Belover/Clucky14/littlesunflowers - hoping that the tww goes quickly for you all

For those who haven't received the good news that they were after - don't give up hope, this journey might be a little tough but it will definitely be all worth it xx

Makiely - My ICSI cycle cost $5055 and I'll be out of pocket by $1200 for this first round, and around $300 out of pocket for subsequent cycles this year (which hopefully wont be needed )

twosouls - I'm on 125 gonal-f, I'm assuming mines lower because this is my first round ever and I have polycystic ovaries.

bedlover - I tried acupuncture for the very first time yesterday, and although I knew that they'd be sticking needles into me, I didn't realise they were going to hurt, lol!! The acupuncturist was explaining to me that it was supposed to hurt, and I was laying there freaking out trying not to move! Was it you who posted a little while ago saying that acupuncture helped your sister fall pregnant?

AFM - AF finally arrived last week (after being almost 2 weeks late!! Those who I had told about us doing IVF thought I might be pregnant, if only it was that easy!!). Started jabbing last Thursday, and the needles aren't as bad as I thought they would be Start taking orgalutran tomorrow and have an ultrasound booked on Friday to see how things are growing so exciting!! I don't really have any side effects. Feeling a teensy bit more bloated that usual and occasionally I'm 'aware' of my ovaries but that's about it really.. hope its all working!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Makiely- I've heard that our clinic is one of the cheaper ones out there. Fresh icsi cycle is about $3000 out of pocket (plus hospital excess but we have no gap with our health fund). A FET cycle is about $1400 out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by makiely View Post
    Ladies I'm wondering if you might help me, I'm writing a paper about surrogacy and the related costs. As a comparison could you tell me the ivf out of pocket costs for you? My research seems to indicate after Medicare it would be $2500-$3000 is this correct?

Thank you for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Hi all, we got the news we were hoping for this morning, our little frostie had been thawed and still looking like a strong and healthy 5 day blastocyst. Yey, after all the bad luck we've had last year, I was preparing myself for the worst. So at this stage it looks like our FET transfer is happening tomorrow at 1pm. Now to keep my mind busy for the next litre while!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies, had my first scan and blood test Friday morning. Gonal F increased from 125 to 150. Last two days since upping the dose I have had a lot more discharge. Is this normal? Next scan Wednesday, Epu either Friday or following Monday. Hoping for Friday!
    Hope everyone has had a great weekend x

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Good luck Tessa, baby dust for you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Tessagirl  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

hi girls, so much happening, I wish I could respond to you all but I do think of you all, wondering who is doing the same thing now (eg 9pm injections).

day 4 of gonal f 125 for me

Who else is utterly exhausted by all these drugs?? I am stuffed! sleeping about 2 extra hours a day and just completely vague and dottery

Also getting quite a bit of creamy discharge, normal?? hope this means it's doing something

Thanks
    Reviews
    [Yup I felt the exact same and now I have had no drugs for 5 days am starting to feel normal again! Yep I wore panty liners pretty much every day from day 3 of injections. QUOTE=KnittingNancy;7058993]hi girls, so much happening, I wish I could respond to you all but I do think of you all, wondering who is doing the same thing now (eg 9pm injections).

day 4 of gonal f 125 for me

Who else is utterly exhausted by all these drugs?? I am stuffed! sleeping about 2 extra hours a day and just completely vague and dottery

Also getting quite a bit of creamy discharge, normal?? hope this means it's doing something [/QUOTE]