Closed Thread
Page 11 of 157 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    littlesunflowers.... my DH also has maturation sperm arrest. I've felt like we're the only people in the whole world who have such low sperm numbers (mostly just one or two) and these often aren't getting to the right level. Every time someone says they've got low sperm numbers, and then say they have 1 million or something like that, I just shake my head. Lol. If only!!! I'm very glad of this website, and the support that I'm getting from it. Good luck with your micro-dissection - I will be having fingers crossed for you :-))

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

littlesunflowers  (14-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

Hi girls I start 4 weeks of Synarel in a few days! Cycle number 6 for me! Here's hoping! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gstef, sorry to see you in yet another cycle thread. This will be #4 for me, all stim cycles too, so I am feeling your pain. Let's hope Jan/Feb are our months. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vmuchinlove try and stay positive.. I thought we would be in the same boat as you, but they have recommended normal ivf for us. But they said that they can change it to ICSI if they have to. Which wouldn't surprise me. I am interested to know what my husbands sperm count is at now. The FS said not to worry, because the sperm probs are no longer an issue with IVF/ICSI. But in the end it doesn't really matter. We are lucky to be able to have something like this to help! Someone mentioned earlier, the end result is still the same and hopefully it won't take us all too long! We are so close now! So keep on being positive if you can! We have a little bit more hope now

We had our nurses appointment yesterday. I was surprised at how much info it was to take in! Double needles for a while there doesnt sound like much fun! But I cannot wait to get started.. they also said that January should be fine to start, ie. not too busy. Which made me really happy. Its so nice to have a bit of good news! Feels like we have only had bad news for the past 6 months.

I said to my husband yesterday that we should remember that it will probably take time and that we just have to be patient. At some stage in the journey we should get pregnant. And that we should try and stay positive because of the likelihood of it working at some point. If that makes sense..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    I said to my husband yesterday that we should remember that it will probably take time and that we just have to be patient. At some stage in the journey we should get pregnant. And that we should try and stay positive because of the likelihood of it working at some point. If that makes sense..
    On average for under 35s, you have about a 40-50% chance of it working each time, provided everything goes well. I've had a crap run; at best I had a 25% chance for my first and second cycles (according to the lab, but in reality I reckon it was probably more like 15-20%), and for my third I had a slow-growing emby transferred, so I would say that would have put my chances at around 30%. Hopefully next cycle I get a decent emby, so for the first time ever I will actually have that 40-50% chance.... Anyway, what I was going to say was that yes, you do need to keep reminding yourself that it will eventually work, so long as you're willing to stick it out. It could happen first cycle, it could happen tenth cycle (less likely), but it will happen if you keep at it.

That's what I have to tell myself anyway, otherwise I'd go mad!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

beanie87  (17-12-2012),VMuchInLove  (14-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks beanie I'm feeling a little better about it now, it was just a little shock to find out, just like when we found out we had to do IVF (though not as bad!!!). The nurse said it all comes down to what the sample is like on the day, but based on the last SA it will be ICSI. I just worry that the fertilisation rate won't be as good as normal IVF.

My DH's sperm count was low, I think it was like 5 million or something, but 95% weren't swimming

Beanie, did the nurses give you an individualised plan with dates? Or do u have to wait until AF comes in Jan too? I have to take 2 needles too!!! Fun...

Sariele - I was also told that we have a 40-50% chance too because we're young makes me feel a lil more confident.

Waiting waiting waiting for AF to come this month, then only 1 more cycle to goooo! Due in 3 days if its on time. Never been so excited for AF to arrive, lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews

VMuchInLove, we are ICSI too due to morphology issues. 1st time around we got 4/5 eggs fertilised. I don't know if that's better or worse than regular IVF but at least it was a lot better than what was probably happening in my Fallopian tubes hehe!!

I was on 2 injections too. It's not so bad. Nowhere near as bad as you think it will be :-)

Best of luck to you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks MrsErinR 4/5 eggs sounds really good! I'd be really happy with that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi girls I start 4 weeks of Synarel in a few days! Cycle number 6 for me! Here's hoping! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

We had our appointment with Genea and picked up our medication!! I'm so excited! Off the OCP and aiming for AF 2/1/13 and injections start!!

Looking forward to a couple of weeks off work around the transfer too much needed