Closed Thread
Page 11 of 157 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1561
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,842
    Thanks
    5,273
    Thanked
    1,372
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    littlesunflowers.... my DH also has maturation sperm arrest. I've felt like we're the only people in the whole world who have such low sperm numbers (mostly just one or two) and these often aren't getting to the right level. Every time someone says they've got low sperm numbers, and then say they have 1 million or something like that, I just shake my head. Lol. If only!!! I'm very glad of this website, and the support that I'm getting from it. Good luck with your micro-dissection - I will be having fingers crossed for you :-))

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

    littlesunflowers  (14-12-2012)

  3. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked
    103
    Reviews
    0

    Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

    Hi girls I start 4 weeks of Synarel in a few days! Cycle number 6 for me! Here's hoping! Xx

  4. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Gstef, sorry to see you in yet another cycle thread. This will be #4 for me, all stim cycles too, so I am feeling your pain. Let's hope Jan/Feb are our months. xx

  5. #104
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0
    Vmuchinlove try and stay positive.. I thought we would be in the same boat as you, but they have recommended normal ivf for us. But they said that they can change it to ICSI if they have to. Which wouldn't surprise me. I am interested to know what my husbands sperm count is at now. The FS said not to worry, because the sperm probs are no longer an issue with IVF/ICSI. But in the end it doesn't really matter. We are lucky to be able to have something like this to help! Someone mentioned earlier, the end result is still the same and hopefully it won't take us all too long! We are so close now! So keep on being positive if you can! We have a little bit more hope now

    We had our nurses appointment yesterday. I was surprised at how much info it was to take in! Double needles for a while there doesnt sound like much fun! But I cannot wait to get started.. they also said that January should be fine to start, ie. not too busy. Which made me really happy. Its so nice to have a bit of good news! Feels like we have only had bad news for the past 6 months.

    I said to my husband yesterday that we should remember that it will probably take time and that we just have to be patient. At some stage in the journey we should get pregnant. And that we should try and stay positive because of the likelihood of it working at some point. If that makes sense..

  6. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,733
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beanie87 View Post
    I said to my husband yesterday that we should remember that it will probably take time and that we just have to be patient. At some stage in the journey we should get pregnant. And that we should try and stay positive because of the likelihood of it working at some point. If that makes sense..
    On average for under 35s, you have about a 40-50% chance of it working each time, provided everything goes well. I've had a crap run; at best I had a 25% chance for my first and second cycles (according to the lab, but in reality I reckon it was probably more like 15-20%), and for my third I had a slow-growing emby transferred, so I would say that would have put my chances at around 30%. Hopefully next cycle I get a decent emby, so for the first time ever I will actually have that 40-50% chance.... Anyway, what I was going to say was that yes, you do need to keep reminding yourself that it will eventually work, so long as you're willing to stick it out. It could happen first cycle, it could happen tenth cycle (less likely), but it will happen if you keep at it.

    That's what I have to tell myself anyway, otherwise I'd go mad!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

    beanie87  (17-12-2012),VMuchInLove  (14-12-2012)

  8. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0

    Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

    Thanks beanie I'm feeling a little better about it now, it was just a little shock to find out, just like when we found out we had to do IVF (though not as bad!!!). The nurse said it all comes down to what the sample is like on the day, but based on the last SA it will be ICSI. I just worry that the fertilisation rate won't be as good as normal IVF.

    My DH's sperm count was low, I think it was like 5 million or something, but 95% weren't swimming

    Beanie, did the nurses give you an individualised plan with dates? Or do u have to wait until AF comes in Jan too? I have to take 2 needles too!!! Fun...

    Sariele - I was also told that we have a 40-50% chance too because we're young makes me feel a lil more confident.

    Waiting waiting waiting for AF to come this month, then only 1 more cycle to goooo! Due in 3 days if its on time. Never been so excited for AF to arrive, lol!!

  9. #107
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,226
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked
    1,428
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

    VMuchInLove, we are ICSI too due to morphology issues. 1st time around we got 4/5 eggs fertilised. I don't know if that's better or worse than regular IVF but at least it was a lot better than what was probably happening in my Fallopian tubes hehe!!

    I was on 2 injections too. It's not so bad. Nowhere near as bad as you think it will be :-)

    Best of luck to you.

  10. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0

    Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

    Thanks MrsErinR 4/5 eggs sounds really good! I'd be really happy with that.

  11. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked
    103
    Reviews
    0

    Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

    Hi girls I start 4 weeks of Synarel in a few days! Cycle number 6 for me! Here's hoping! Xx

  12. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    244
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    44
    Reviews
    0

    Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: Lucky 2013!

    We had our appointment with Genea and picked up our medication!! I'm so excited! Off the OCP and aiming for AF 2/1/13 and injections start!!

    Looking forward to a couple of weeks off work around the transfer too much needed


 

Similar Threads

  1. Starting a new stim cycle January 2013
    By Carrington in forum IVF
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 20:06
  2. IVF Babies Due January/February/March 2013!
    By LillyPonds in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 1421
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 19:43
  3. Due in February 2013
    By biscuit1 in forum When are you due?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-06-2012, 13:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and Broadway
Pregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. Pregnancy back and pelvic pain. Also, we treat postnatal and women of all ages. Incontinence, prolapse, sexual and pelvic pain.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!