+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I make (even tho it's not christmassy..lol) mini chocolate crackles with white chocolate and mini mnm's, home made popcorn, and we watch xmas movies.. we also go see xmas lights. the kids love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Cute Christmas traditions

When I was growing up we got a family present of a new board game. We'd open it last and always play it together before lunch. I really like that tradition and will continue it when DD and theoretical future sibling are old enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    When I was growing up we got a family present of a new board game. We'd open it last and always play it together before lunch. I really like that tradition and will continue it when DD and theoretical future sibling are old enough.
    ooh i like that idea! hehe. my MIL tries to get us to play bingo. lol. nobody ever wants to. :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Cute Christmas traditions

Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    oh why not?
    I have to work christmas eve from 1:30pm to 10 which could quite possibly turn into a 7:30 christmas day finish if nobody turns up just like last night as we had 4 no shows for night duty.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Oh and what I'll start this year as DS can talk now - when we were little we never wrote Santa a letter as he used to call us on Xmas eve - well Dad did!

I think the excitement of speaking with Santa used to deter us from wondering why dad was never home ( or in the shower) when he called! ( he was next door on the phone!!)

So my dad (santa) will call DS on Xmas eve, I'll have video camera ready as DS,s 2 favorite things in the world at the moment is Santa and the telephone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm going out today to get the amazing idea of Christmas movie, pjs and hot chocolate!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenrose For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (14-11-2012),TinyLittleTootsies  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Normally putting the tree up and decortating is the main one. Making reindeer feed and carrots, putting out/baking cookies and milk for santa. I love the elf thing...Not sure what you do really but you move a little house elf around the house. I was thinking of making elf dougnuts this year (cheeries with icing), but other than that dont really know of any we do.... I would love to do traditions. FOr birthdays I make their cake myself each year. I want something for our family. When I was a little girl at Easter our traditon was to take cardboard boxes down behind this certain library and we would have races all day down the hill hahahah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My friends MIL makes reindeer tracks with a mix of glitter ( cause they are magic!) and flour I think and makes little hoof marks near the carrots and water the kids leave out - I might try that as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    My friends MIL makes reindeer tracks with a mix of glitter ( cause they are magic!) and flour I think and makes little hoof marks near the carrots and water the kids leave out - I might try that as well!
    Yeah we bite the carrots and make them look eaten and leave mess lol It will be a bit different this year because I wont have them for xmas eve and day but I will work something out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Cute Christmas traditions

We drive around looking at christmas lights, then the kids put out carrots for tge reindeer and biscuits and a drink for Santa, then bed for the kids.

I love our drive looking at the lights. We used to do it when we were younger.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub