+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting a new stim cycle January 2013

Hi Everyone after a year of failed IVF cycles and 2 miscarriages I'm doing another full stim cycle in January. I was very lucky with my first IVF cycle and got my DD who is now 19 months. It's been an emotional year and I'm feeling very mentally, emotionally, physically and financially drained. Is anyone else in the same boat for baby number 2?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Carrington

We're in a similar situation to yourself. We have a beautiful 3 year old daughter who is also an ICSI baby. We were so very lucky to conceive her in our very first cycle of IVF.

We have been trying for number 2 since April this year, so far having had no success We want this so very very much. Our daughter is getting older now and we didn't want such a big age gap. I know that probably seems selfish to those who just want one bub, we just want this so badly now, as I'm sure everyone going through this process does.

The emotional rollercoaster has been awful, turns me into a crazy person! I just feel so absolutely elated when things are going well and then absolutely devastated when it all goes wrong. Physically I think I probably should be giving myself a break as we only lost our last little one at the end of October, but my fs has given us the green light to try a FET cycle before the end of the year and she's done up a plan for another full stim (down regulation) cycle to start in January if this one doesn't work out. We haven't had much luck in the past with frosties.... never had one survive to ET stage. The one that we have frozen is at blastocyst stage but the embryologists have told me that "it's not very good quality". Financially that's a bother too Anyway we'll go with it and see.

You have had success with a full stim cycle before (well I'm guessing that's had you ended up with your DD) so you know this can work.... my fingers and toes for you for your next cycle. Did you try natural cycles for your FET's this year or stimulated? We discussed doing a stimulated FET cycle with my fs but due to the timing with chrissy coming up and the clinic closing and my cycle not working in with those times, I'm going straight into a natural cycle without a break between cycles with this FET. After getting my hopes up so much these last couple of cycles, I'm convinced that this one won't work and we'll be doing a full cycle next year

Anyway it's really nice to hear from someone trying for #2, perhaps we may end up going through this together in January.

Goodluck with everything PS Apologies if I've got all the terminology mixed up, I'm just new to this forum and not up with the lingo!
    Last edited by Tessagirl; 15-11-2012 at 19:57.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Tessagirl

Thanks for responding. We are both so lucky to have gotten pregnant on the first go with our daughters. I have been trying since January this year to get pregnant but no luck. I also didn't want a big age gap between the 2 but seems inevitable now.

I know we are lucky to have one already and it does lessen the pain a little when you have a failed cycle but gee it still hurts a lot. I was really depressed after my first miscarriage. On top of that I haven't had the best health this year. With my daughter being in childcare I have picked up every bug you could possibly get. I'm really looking forward to this year being over as it's been hard. I could have done a lot more cycles this year had I not been so sick.

I have PCOS so have had stimulated FETs. I hear you about the financial side of things that's why we are taking a break until Jan. So expensive to do a full stim.

Anyway good luck with your cycle hopefully it's an awesome Christmas present

Sending you sticky vibes xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Carrington, looks like we're out of the running for fitting in a cycle this year, my body is all over the place at the moment. I had a feeling we may have been rushing things trying to fit it all in before the end of this year. We're going away for three weeks over Chrissy so will be hopefully all nice and refreshed for the new year. Now we just have to decide whether to use our one remaining frostie or just start another full cycle in January. Think I want to start a new fresh cycle and leave the frostie for later so that we can have two embryos transferred for our future cycles. What cycle/ meds are you going on next cycle? Have you considered transferring two embryos before??

Thanks
    Reviews

Tessagirl - oh bummer about this year! I really wanted to do a cycle before the end of the year too but I knew I wasn't in a healthy place. My husband, daughter and I have all had a throat and ear infection this week luckily I didn't have to take time off work (I have hardly any sick leave left). Apart from taking a holiday between cycles my other thing I'm going to try and do is lose some weight. I'm still carrying my baby weight which I'm sure isn't helping things especially as I have PCOS. I don't get my period so have to take drugs to bring it on which is great as I feel I have some control. As for drugs I have no idea as I haven't done an antagonist stim cycle before.

My last two cycles I used 2 embryos (I'm 36) and got pregnant both times but miscarried both times. The last 2 embryos were really bad quality. I really felt like it was just money making for them. Wish I had of done a stim cycle instead.

Are you going anywhere exciting for Xmas? We're off to Queensland.

Hope your enjoying your weekend x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Carrington

Sorry I forgot to write back to you...

Love the idea of holidays between cycles... we tend to do that too, we do lots of camping and have been lucky to fit in a little weekender every month this year since August, with a 3 week break next week to Tassie to spend some quality time with my family. We don't live near any family and with all the IVF stuff going on I'm really missing them at the moment

We haven't had any luck with FET cycles either, so I'm with you that they are just a waste of time and money However in saying that, we had an appointment with our clinic on Thursday and they tell me that our one and only frostie is Grade 1 level I'm sure that they'd told me it was not very good quality when I asked them earlier... though this was just after I found out that our last little embryo didn't make it so my mind wasn't in a very good place... I probably got the whole story all wrong! We were supposed to be starting a new stim (down reg) cycle with 2 embryos to be transferred in January, but now that we have a good frostie we're going to try that first and if that doesn't work out then we'll move on to the full stim in Feb or March. I'm a bit fussy with my dates as I really don't want a winter baby or December! I know can't be too fussy, but our new plan works out really well in regards to dates.... just gotta get a BFP now!

I've never had a miscarriage before, that must have been awful for you especially after 7 weeks So unfair after all the trouble we go to to get pregnant in the first place

Hope everything works out well for you with the Jan stim cycle.... the stats for fresh vs frozen are in your favour for a good result

Take care xx