+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow it's interesting how everybody sees it differently.

My kids didn't like the Nude Food Movers - they struggled terribly to get them in and out of the wetsuit material cooler. And the hinges broke too easily for my liking.

As far as plastic lunch boxes being too small, I found the opposite. My kids have a huge plastic lunch box, far bigger then the biggest insulated ones.

My kids school has fridges, and they have actually requested no insulated lunch boxes as they are harder to stack in the fridge then square plastic ones, and apparently they are no good for the fridges in some way.

Is very much trial and error until you find what works best for you and your kids I think!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What makes a GREAT lunchbox?

Atm ds is at kindy so im loving the cute personlized lunch boxes which is big enough to fit all my tupperwear.. and this is ok now because he is not in charge of looking after my precious tupperwear. butttt when hes at school i want to find a lunch boy that has little compartments.. with induvidual lids. because 1 he cant lose any containers and 2 if he drops it and only one of the lids is open only that food will fall out. also needs to have a space for an icepack because schools have no fridges like kindy

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Raising Leprechauns View Post
    My kids both use the sistema ones with the three compartments in the top. http://www.sistema.co.nz/pages/Siste...red_lunch.html

They are in an insulated bag. Our prekindy, kindy and PP needed the kids to have their morning tea and drink bottles seperate. In fact I think most places their drink bottles go in to the class with them.

Whatever you put in has to be easy for the kids to open and eat. Most schools dont allow things like LCM bars or chocolate stuff. Our school has a no nude food policy - which means everything needs to be in a container or wrapped.

My kids have fruit salad for MT - I cut it up and pop in a bag with a freezer brick and a plastic fork. For lunch they have a sandwich, home made biccie or muffin/cheese sticks/ veggie sticks and a small treat like teddy bickies which I put in the top section of the lunch box. Squeezy yoghurt and sultanas/dried fruit are great.
    I use snap lock bags as the kids can open those.

In summer I half fill their water bottles and freeze then fill the rest in the morning so their water is cold.
    See, I bought this one and find it a pain to wash!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    My kids have sistema lunch boxes from big w. They were $4.00 on sale. They have clip sides and a double compartment and are pretty sturdy. http://www.sistema.co.nz/pages/Siste...o_Go/60003.htm

They have a chicken and salad wrap or vegemite and cheese sandwich, crackers and a slice of watermelon, grapes etc. any more then that, and they don't eat it all. They have a fridge at school but I put an ice brick to keep it cool on the way to school.

They have tuck shop on Fridays.
    I have heaps of these containers for general use, and my son uses them at daycare... But he finds them hard to unclip himself, and next year he needs to be able to

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank goodness my son's school had fridges in all classrooms!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default What makes a GREAT lunchbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Thank goodness my son's school had fridges in all classrooms!
    I actually thought they all did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

The best lunchbox is the Tupperware sandwich keeper plus.

It has a hinged lid so they can't lose it.

Different sections to encourage you to give them a variety of things.

I won't use anything but those.

I have 7 of them. Ha ha. All different colours

The only thing is I wish they were a bit shorter, and a bit higher (more square than rectangle).

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanaynay View Post
    The best lunchbox is the Tupperware sandwich keeper plus.

It has a hinged lid so they can't lose it.

Different sections to encourage you to give them a variety of things.

I won't use anything but those.

I have 7 of them. Ha ha. All different colours

The only thing is I wish they were a bit shorter, and a bit higher (more square than rectangle).

This ^^^^
    both dd1 & dd2 have those and the matching drink bottles seriously worth the money.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Raising Leprechauns View Post
    Our school has a no nude food policy - which means everything needs to be in a container or wrapped.
    What exactly do you mean?

I thought schools were encouraging nude food?

Isn't something put into a container still nude food? I thought nude food was food that wasn't pre-packaged.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Tupperware sandwich plus ones look great....aren't they a target to get stolen though? People love to steal Tupperware!