+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What makes a GREAT lunchbox?

Ok so DD is in pre primary and I *think* I've got it down to a fine art lol.

Sunday Arvo I make 2 homemade treats (cake, muffins, biscuits, pikelets, slice) that gets us through the week.

About Once a month I make a lot of sausage rolls and a zucchini slice which I freeze in portion sizes.

For morning tea she has a Tupperware sandwich keeper with fruit bread/saos/vita wheats, fruit and 1 homemade treat. That goes in an insulated bag from Tupperware.

For lunch she has a mountain bread wrap/roll/sandwich with tuna/chicken and salad, piece/tub of fruit, sausage roll/zucchini slice and 1 homemade treat. That goes in an insulated rectangle bag (smash brand I think) with a small ice brick.

The hardest thing for me was finding containers she could actually open independently and thinking if things she could eat without making a mess over herself. She's also now wanting stuff she can eat quickly so she can go off and play.

Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had a Tupperware lunchbox as a kid and it last all the way through school!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post
    Have you tried the Tupperware one? We have a pink and black one, fits the water bottle on the side, washes really well, dries fast to!
    No I haven't, but I will, thank you! I love tupperware.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't actually bought anything off the website because I live locally, but from others that have used the site say that postage is quite quick but i'm not sure how much it costs.

There is lots of other places you can buy the lunchboxes though so maybe you could do some googling and find a store near you?. At least then you could have a look at it and make sure it's what you want.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What makes a GREAT lunchbox?

Quote Originally Posted by lulu21 View Post
    Ok so DD is in pre primary and I *think* I've got it down to a fine art lol.

Sunday Arvo I make 2 homemade treats (cake, muffins, biscuits, pikelets, slice) that gets us through the week.

About Once a month I make a lot of sausage rolls and a zucchini slice which I freeze in portion sizes.

For morning tea she has a Tupperware sandwich keeper with fruit bread/saos/vita wheats, fruit and 1 homemade treat. That goes in an insulated bag from Tupperware.

For lunch she has a mountain bread wrap/roll/sandwich with tuna/chicken and salad, piece/tub of fruit, sausage roll/zucchini slice and 1 homemade treat. That goes in an insulated rectangle bag (smash brand I think) with a small ice brick.

The hardest thing for me was finding containers she could actually open independently and thinking if things she could eat without making a mess over herself. She's also now wanting stuff she can eat quickly so she can go off and play.

Hope that helps
    See, that is the problem, finding containers I can put things like watermelon in... Yet he can open

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

http://www.shopnaturally.com.au/skip...h-bag-bee.html

This is what I bought for my nieces when they started school and have just ordered one for DS, it fits everything and my sister just puts in little containers of chopped fruit etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sistema (from Coles) have some good ones with rubber inserts and side clips that are good for liquidy fruits such as watermelon. They are cheap, come in loads of sizes from tiny to huge, and often 50% off, which is great, as sometimes the side clips come off, or they get misplaced at school never to return

Lots of schools have a no rubbish policy- so all packaging (muesli bar wrappers and cling wrap etc) come home in the school bag. Natural waste goes into the compost at school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Sistema (from Coles) have some good ones with rubber inserts and side clips that are good for liquidy fruits such as watermelon. They are cheap, come in loads of sizes from tiny to huge, and often 50% off, which is great, as sometimes the side clips come off, or they get misplaced at school never to return

Lots of schools have a no rubbish policy- so all packaging (muesli bar wrappers and cling wrap etc) come home in the school bag. Natural waste goes into the compost at school.
    This is what I've bought DD for next year. She's only had orientation day so far and they worked well for that. But the no rubbish policy and having to use containers I found did restrict what I could fit in the lunchbox.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've been using the 'fridge to go' one all year for my kindy boy. They are awesome. It comes with a freezer block and keeps things cold for up to 8 hours. So you can send yogurts and cold meat sandwiches without fear of them going off. It comes home everyday still cold. Yo can find them on the net or Howard's Storage sell a limited supply. I'll be getting another one for my dd who starts kindy next year.

bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS uses the Nude Food Lunchbox, the larger size one.
    It holds everything he needs and helps me portion control.
    He also has the Nude Food Banana holder thing, it a hard container that holds a banana and stops it getting squished.

Woolies stocks all the Nude Food stuff.

We have tried many a lunchbox, and found this one to be the best by far.