+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default For the ladies doing ivf...

Yeah I'm in Qld :-) its gone really quiet here because of the government and I did my placement there and they wanted to give me a job but they had none :-( I'm counselling myself through IVF lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i need to save about $6000 so its going to be a while
    what do you ladies do to do social work? lol wierd but im all confused and wanting a career change and one of the thing i have been thinking is social work LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good call Muzzy -- I read your other thread about your + that became a - and felt really sad for you. I totally get the frustration and angst. I'm just starting IVF after 2 years of ttc and 2 miscarriages.

I'm happy for a great husband, a home right near a beautiful beach, a job that's never boring and a cute dog. I also have great friends and as some keep reminding me, I'm still able to sleep in!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes i know i get reminded that 2! and that i can just go where ever i want an not have to worry about routines etc!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was following you too , Muzzy when you got your BFP. Devastating. But you're both right. We should enjoy all our sleep ins and weekends where we can do whatever we feel like!

You'd need to do a Bachelor of Social Work. Probably by distance ed if you need to still work. I just had a student with me who was with the Uni of Central QLD. Seemed like a good distance ed course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying to recall what else the friends say to enjoy while you can... Quiet mealtimes, dinners out, eating pâté and soft cheese (though haven't been doing much of that lately).

I'm glad my house isn't full of plastic kids toys...

Thanks
    Reviews

Been able to drink a hot drink without it going cold haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Muzzy - saw your other post in Melb thread. I'm with MIVF too. Got 5 frosties to work with but if unsucessful I will change to Monash. I have been concerned with the lack of testing and them not wanting to look at different protocols and meds. They just say its a number game which I don't agree with. Monash is about the same cost as MIVF.

Other positives, hubby and I travel overseas every year and have such a fabulous time together .

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I'm deff considering checking out monash ESP cos we are having a break! Thinking about going to one of there info nights or do you think it will be a waste cos I no the ivf stuff! Lol

Ohh hols are awesome we are thinking of going to Fiji nxt yr if other things havent happened!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did lots of travel last year -- 12 countries in 3 trips -- but none this year cause we figured we'd have a little one... Just got my husband to agree that if we don't have a kid by next Xmas we'll go OS then.

I guess the thing is, you can make plans to have a bub, but you've still got to live your life.