+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Acid reflux with Karicare Aptamil PEPTI JUNIOR

Hi there. My 7 month old severe eczema sufferer ds has a cows milk allergy along with other staple foods which we found out only recently. The doctor suggested Karicare Aptamil PEPTI JUNIOR which he is now taking for about a week with the help of putting a teaspoon of brown sugar and few drops of vanilla essence as suggested by people from Nutricia (This is the only way he'll take it as it taste disgusting.) Unfortunately, he is having very bad acid reflux with it. There are times when he can tolerate the reflux but there are moments when it really upsets him cause the stuff that's coming out is really toxic.

I wanna help him but I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hmmm, there is other prescription formulas that are suitable for bubs with cows milk protein intolerance like Elecare which apparently tastes a bit better.

Often reflux is a result of an intolerance so it sounds like the formula is causing it.

If its not the formula there are medications to stop the stomach from producing acid but I'd rule out the formula as the cause before you go down the medication route.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CuddlesAwait For This Useful Post:

prettysier  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you very much. Will go ánd see the doctor tomorrow and try this formula for my 'little milk machine' Strongly hope that it'll do wonders for my boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had our 4 month old on pepti junior for 4 days & her reflux was a lot worse. She was screaming and didn't want to take the bottle. It was like she was vomiting acid everytime. I don't think she has an intolerance but I think if bubs don't respond well to pepti junior they can use neocate?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenga For This Useful Post:

prettysier  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Neocate or elecare lcp might be worth trying

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

prettysier  (13-11-2012)