+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Obstetric cholestasis

Does anyone have any experience with obstetric cholestasis? I'm 33+3, my gall bladder has been playing up in the last 6 weeks or so, over the weekend I developed itchy hands, off for liver function and bile acid tests tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has experienced this before.

Thanks,

T

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yes I just had this and experienced in previous pregnancies feel free to ask or pm me any questions you have I read everything I could and quizzed my ob on everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, thanks for your reply! Right now I'm waiting for my blood test results to come back, but I'm interested to know how this condition is usually monitored and/or treated. I'm booked for a c-section at 38 weeks, would an Ob let me go that far with cholestasis? If not, how early do Obs like to deliver, or does that depend on how severe the condition is?

Any info you can give me would be great...and happy ending stories, googling is scary!

Thanks,

T

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It depends of the severity of the condition my ob wouldn't go over 37 weeks but wouldn't go earlier either. I found dermaveen soap and moisturiser helped the best and you can have polarmine to help with the itchiness I really avoided taking anything as I didn't like the idea of popping pills when pregnant but my Dr assured me it was safe and it was the only thing that eased my itchiness enough to sleep, and also avoid having the shower or bath to hot.