+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default House work! ANY ONE GOT ADVICE

Ok so I dread doing house work...

Im finding it extremely difficult to keep my 2 year old entertained while keeping the house clean.... I clean he mess's it up again so now for passed month ive gone on strike hubby has not done much.... he has had 1 week off work we both work full time

have you ladies got any hints idea's tricks that work for your family that might help me

I have even said because we both work full time ive even said how about we get a cleaner once a fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Get a cleaner. We pay $50 for 2 hours cleaning once a week and its the best thing we have ever done!!!

We both work full time and don't have children yet but would rather not spend the weekend cleaning! We fight less about cleaning and the house and spend more quality time together. It's Great!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Involve your 2 year old in the cleaning.
    I give the girls chux, their own dust pans and brushes and other things to help and keep them occupied.
    Yep they still make mess but that keeps them busy whilst I get all the major stuff done and then I can just duck around and fix up the little stuff without much effort. (Depending on what they get into!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    My advice- aim more for the clean than the tidy and use the time you would spend tidying with your 2 year old creating mess- blowing bubbles, rolling playdough, finger painting
    Pretty much. Once I realised how hard (and unnecessary) it is to have a super-tidy house while people are living in it all day, every day - well. Might be worth while letting the standards slide a little. Kids do like "helping" too - my 20 month old loves hanging out the nappies and putting stuff away in the fridge - can you maybe involve your little one a bit more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: House work! ANY ONE GOT ADVICE

Hire a cleaner if you can. I work crazy hours so found a lovely lady who comes in weekly for either 2 or 3hrs on a friday.

Between work, a 5yr old who i couldnt spend quality time with plus my cousin and her 3yr old who messes and destroys/breaks everything, having her come weekly has been awesome. She does the things i dont have time to do plus more.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I agree with a cleaner if you can afford one. Ours is $15 an hour. She comes for about 3 hours every week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I increased my days from 3 to 4 a week I got DH to agree it was a better to spend my "free" time with DD rather than cleaning. It also takes me 4-5 broken hours a week to do what my cleaner can do in 2 once a fortnight!

Still have a bit to clean up myself (but thats just life with toddler), but at least the mopping, bathrooms and dusting are taken care of regularly

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I'm starting to think about getting a cleaner, if you can afford it, go for it. As Missy Mack said there are better ways to spend your time!

To those of you with cleaners, how tidy is your house before they come? Do you leave a key for them? How do you find a trustworthy cleaner!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: House work! ANY ONE GOT ADVICE

I advertised on gumtree for my cleaner. I had about 60 emails to sort through. Once i read her email, i just felt at ease with her. I called her and we organised a time to meet and she started on an agreed date.

My house is generally just untidy when she comes. Theres no toys out but always seems to find stuff we dont. If there are a few dishes there she will do them plus whatever else needs doing. Last week she thought the towels in the machine were clean but they werent. She hung them out. Bless her.

I have been home about 3 times when she is here. She tells me what she is up to but i just let her know to keep doing whatever she is doing as she does a good job so hapoy for her to plod along as she is doing a lot of detail cleaning currently. Came home one day to find she cleaned out every cupboard in the kitchen and rearranged things which were awesome.

Going to give her a bonus at christmas time to show i really appriciate her. She only cleans for pocket money and she really deserves more than i pay her.

She also has a key so lets herself in and out on fridays as i work most fridays lately.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a little OCD and like things very clean, neat and tidy! We I found out I was pregnant with dd I realised I would have to learn to deal with mess, however when dd was born she was an awesome baby and so I could still keep ontop of everything and care for her. Now that she is 14 months running and into everything I am still able to keep ontop! I spend 30min a day cleaning, and this includes washing and ironing and I find that it's plenty of time and I never have to do I big clean of any kind! Works for me!!