+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default OPK faint lines... and nothing else.

Hi all,
    My DF and I are new to the TTC journey though we have been planning for around 5 months. My cycle is irregular - I believe due to stress and I have been taking OPK since CD 12. I am now on CD 21 and the last couple of days have been getting a faint second line which I know is probably nothing. As you know it is really frustrating and I am thinking maybe OPK isn't the way to go?

Would like some advice. Has anyone found OPK reliable?
    I have been trying to chart my CM aswell but found that to be all over the place.

I should also add I have been using the ovulation tests from ebay so I can afford to test every day. Would it be better to use a pharmacy brand?

happychick1385 is offline Mummy to four little kiddies that keep me on my toes :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my cycle is/was irregular (as I am still breastfeeding) and what helped me was temping and using OPK's. With OPK's I always had a faint second line, but it did eventually get darker. Temping is what helped me the most though . I use a site called fertility friend which I input all my data (Periods, temps, test results, CM etc) and it helps to determine when you will ovulate and when you have ovulated and when to expect your period (if you're not pregnant) based on your temperatures and any other data you input. This cycle I ovulated on CD 63 and I got a positive pregnancy test on CD 80 ! I will include a link to my chart so you can have a look and you might like to join the site as well. Good luck with your TTC journey, and I hope it's a short one

http://My Ovulation Chart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Opks definitely helped me fall pregnant. I used Internet ones but I can't remember what the brand was. Are you only testing once a day? If so I recommend testing twice a day maybe mid morning & mid afternoon? Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I was getting only faint to medium OPK's until I took vitex, which is a herb that regulates cycles and helps with ovulation. This month I got lines way darker than the control and it made me realise I don't think I've been ovulating properly most months on our 18 month ttc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    and I agree with the PP, use 2 a day, one at about 11am, one about 3pm. Some surges can last as short as 6 hours and you may miss it. I buy 50 ic's from ebay for $10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love opk's although there are some crappy brands out there that don't work well. I love Oracle Fertility and they are cheap off ebay. I ovulate anywhere from CD 15-24 so its really helpful. If you are getting faint lines then keep testing (not in the morning) until the second line gets a bit darker and then start testing at around 10am, 2pm and before you go to bed until you get the very dark line. Here is what mine look like leading up to O - then dropping off after O. IMG_6105.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou all so much, I will start testing twice a day. I have been testing around 11am each day so will try again at 3pm. Also I will try the ovulation chart The OPK I'm using atm is fertility2family so might try another brand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I use fertility2friend and I find them great. I've been getting super dark lines on them. The pg tests aren't as good though so I buy oracle ones.