+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A paedophile is likely to be drawn to the catholic church where they can get access to vulnerable children in the name of doing gods work. It is a well- known fact that paedophillia is rampant in the higher ordere of the catholic church, so it makes sense that the men in these positions of power might support other paedophiles on their way up in the heirarchy, in order to protect themselves and each other and get away with their depravities. Like supports like. Women are kept out of the heirarchy as well which aids in the cover-up. It's an organised network, a boys club for paedophiles, a perfect arrangement.

What has the 'punishment' traditionally been? To transfer culprits to a different parish. Clearly the church supports paedophillia. It won't change until the paedophillia is removed from the higher order who have all the control.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

delirium  (12-11-2012),Maybelline  (13-11-2012),Rutabaga  (13-11-2012),shelle65  (12-11-2012),Sonja  (12-11-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: It's time for the church to stop helping these criminals

Haven't read the whole thread but I think the fault lies with the church itself. I have heard ex-priests talk about life in the seminary and from what I heard, abuse is systemic (or was, it's been 15 years since I had conversations on this subject). I believe the church system is a place for people with paedophilic inclinations can find a haven there because the system tolerates it. It's absolutely tragic and the worst hypocrisy of our times. There are many good priests but there is lots of room in that barrel for the rotten apples.

(And the size of the organisation insulates them from the backlash).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (12-11-2012),Rutabaga  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I actually don't think this comment is as ridiculous as it sounds. I'm not saying that a man who is not allowed to marry is going to "turn pedophile". But the fact is, most normal men, want to be partnered, both sexually and emotionally, with a woman (or a man). It's human nature. So it is not surprising, that a significant number of people who choose to become priests in a religion where they are unable to fulfill these needs, are those who are not interested in being with an adult man/woman.
    Interesting viewpoint. Could it be that THAT is the attraction to the 'cloth'? They choose to become become celebate (<--- how do you spell that?) because they don't 'like' women (or men) so that's the attraction. They're not expected to get married and have kids if they're priests....but if they're not attracted to women (or men) what then?

Could it also be a power thing? Like elitist thing?

ETA - not saying that becoming a priest makes them become a pedo more that they already are a pedo and they become a priest as it's a perfect cover for them. Closer to children, especially the vulnerable.
    Last edited by Deserama; 12-11-2012 at 11:12.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (12-11-2012),Rutabaga  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I don't think anyone is saying other denominations don't have pedophiles Missie, just like drs, mechanics or teachers they exist in the Anglican, baptist and salvo churches as well. The point many are making is 1) it's disproportionate, even taking into account there are more of them 2) the catholic church appears to cover it up much more.

I can't agree with the POV of 'everyone else does it'. That doesn't change what's going on in the catholic church and has for decades, and again it's much more prolific than the others. This isn't an attack on the catholic church, but on pedophiles and institutions that harbor them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

mrsdj1234  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: It's time for the church to stop helping these criminals

Just because it happens in all walks of life, doesn't make it any less terrible that its happening in the Catholic church. The real issue is that the institution that is the church has and continues to cover it up, rather than outing them and forcing them to face justice. The scouts movement in the US is going through the same thing right now. And so is the BBC in the UK.
    These institutions need to be brought to justice for allowing this stuff to go on.

Sent from my U8860 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdj1234 View Post
    Just because it happens in all walks of life, doesn't make it any less terrible that its happening in the Catholic church. The real issue is that the institution that is the church has and continues to cover it up, rather than outing them and forcing them to face justice. The scouts movement in the US is going through the same thing right now. And so is the BBC in the UK.
    These institutions need to be brought to justice for allowing this stuff to go on.

Sent from my U8860 using BubHub
    Agree, if this was the AMA facing these claims over pedophile drs, or the Education Dept, my response would be the same. Out these monsters and have serious consequences for the institutions that hide them.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    ... This isn't an attack on the catholic church, but on pedophiles and institutions that harbor them.
    Which in this case is the Catholic Church.

Whilst I am anti-theist I'm not interested in attacking a religious institution for the sake of it. I am, however, interested in challenging and exposing any institution that claims to be the embodiment of holiness yet has actively protected child predators and rapists at the expense of children's safety and well-being.

*Brace yourselves for a controversial statement*
    I believe it is just another example of the long list of the hypocrisy, inconsistency and flawed arguments of main****** religions.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (12-11-2012),Rutabaga  (13-11-2012),shelle65  (12-11-2012),Witwicky  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A number of investigations have shown a preference by Roman Catholic Church authorities for protecting the church's reputation over protecting children from sexual abuse. However, such a preference has had the exact opposite effect. It has severely damaged the Roman Catholic Church's reputation. If they did take a no-tolerance policy regarding sexual abuse then they would be respected for it.

Another denomination that has come under scathing criticism for the way it has handled child sexual abuse is the Jehovah's Witnesses.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nasalhaironfire For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (12-11-2012),shelle65  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Which in this case is the Catholic Church.

Whilst I am anti-theist I'm not interested in attacking a religious institution for the sake of it. I am, however, interested in challenging and exposing any institution that claims to be the embodiment of holiness yet has actively protected child predators and rapists at the expense of children's safety and well-being.

*Brace yourselves for a controversial statement*
    I believe it is just another example of the long list of the hypocrisy, inconsistency and flawed arguments of main****** religions.
    I completely agree with everything you've said.
    Last edited by delirium; 12-11-2012 at 14:44. Reason: didn't make sense lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (12-11-2012)