+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    They are creating a rod for their own back by not allowing priests to marry.
    I actually don't think this comment is as ridiculous as it sounds. I'm not saying that a man who is not allowed to marry is going to "turn pedophile". But the fact is, most normal men, want to be partnered, both sexually and emotionally, with a woman (or a man). It's human nature. So it is not surprising, that a significant number of people who choose to become priests in a religion where they are unable to fulfill these needs, are those who are not interested in being with an adult man/woman.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: It's time for the church to stop helping these criminals

Okay, so it‘s sexual frustration causing priests to abuse children.

The reason priests aren‘t ‘‘allowed‘‘ to marry is because it‘s believed they can only serve and obey one master. They choose God over a wife, so they enter the priesthood.

Even if it is sexual frustration, I dong‘t think that should ever be an excuse used to defend the abuse of children. If it gets to that level, m@sturbate like everybody else, or fu‘ck each other. But i don‘t believe it has anything to do with it. Who can take sexual gratification from a young and defenceless child?

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If that comment was for me you read what I wrote completely wrong. I don't think it's due to sexual frustration at all, and there's absolutely no excuse for it whatsoever.

Thanks
    Reviews

Actually, I primarilly found the ‘‘rod for their own back‘‘ comment revolting. I asked a genuine question, about how lack of marriage explains abuse of children. I still don‘t understand it. Or how it‘s the Church that‘s suffering most through actions of the priests.
    I still don‘t understand what marriage, or lack thereof, has to do with it though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Why the Catholic Church going to be compared to all others instead of proportions against individual religions?

My point was there are twice as many priests in the catholic church as there is in the anglican faith (as the COfE hasn't existed under that name in Australia since the 70's) there is twice the chance- they also have the biggest section of the community following their faith. It just irks me that when we talk about paedophilia and religion that the Catholic Church cops the majority of the flack- we often forget that we lost a Governor General over a paedophilia coverup when he was an Anglican minister and Melbourne lost an Archdeacon from the Anglican faith...
    Also a lot of the cases were due to not only filling a religious role but also an educational position -as pre 1970s most teaching roles in religious schools was done by the clergy with the catholic church making the largest group. I think I read somewhere that the Catholic Department of Education is one of the biggest employers in Australia outside of public service and 1 in 5 children today are educated in the Catholic system.... so the access and numbers they have access to are significantly more than any other individual faith.
    I think this is why the Catholic Church are the ones most reviled for it. It‘s more ‘‘common‘‘ in that one than any other. They‘re also among one of the richest and most powerful groups of people in Christian-believing cultures, so basically untouchable. The other religions are big, but after fighting to some degree can be bought to justice. Not so much with the Catholic church.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Okay, so it‘s sexual frustration causing priests to abuse children.

The reason priests aren‘t ‘‘allowed‘‘ to marry is because it‘s believed they can only serve and obey one master. They choose God over a wife, so they enter the priesthood.

Even if it is sexual frustration, I dong‘t think that should ever be an excuse used to defend the abuse of children. If it gets to that level, m@sturbate like everybody else, or fu‘ck each other. But i don‘t believe it has anything to do with it. Who can take sexual gratification from a young and defenceless child?

No one said it justifies it. People are just expressing they believe there's a connection. AFM? I'm not sure, what I do know is even when we take into account that there are far more catholic priests than any other christian faith, they still have a high incidence of child abuse. There's something to that... be it bc they can't marry or another I reason i don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because Catholic Priests can't marry, It's not surprising that many of these..."unusal" types choose this profession. THey have no interest in marrying, and look to put themselves in a position where they are trusted. I'm not saying becoming a catholic priest turns these people into what they are!!! They are abnormal, creepy disgusting people - unfortunately giving other catholic priests a bad name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Why the Catholic Church going to be compared to all others instead of proportions against individual religions?

My point was there are twice as many priests in the catholic church as there is in the anglican faith (as the COfE hasn't existed under that name in Australia since the 70's) there is twice the chance- they also have the biggest section of the community following their faith. It just irks me that when we talk about paedophilia and religion that the Catholic Church cops the majority of the flack- we often forget that we lost a Governor General over a paedophilia coverup when he was an Anglican minister and Melbourne lost an Archdeacon from the Anglican faith...
    Also a lot of the cases were due to not only filling a religious role but also an educational position -as pre 1970s most teaching roles in religious schools was done by the clergy with the catholic church making the largest group. I think I read somewhere that the Catholic Department of Education is one of the biggest employers in Australia outside of public service and 1 in 5 children today are educated in the Catholic system.... so the access and numbers they have access to are significantly more than any other individual faith.
    Look I loathe all organised religions so I'm not about to defend one above the other, but honestly read some of the recent articles in the Age on the lengths the Catholic Church goes to to hide sexual abuse, and to protect the abusers. It's horrifying. Yes it occurs in other religions but the current focus is the Catholic Church and it's inability to protect children. Simply saying other churches do it doesn't go any way towards helping the victims. The church should be asking what it can do to stop it, but it doesn't seem to know how.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just think its come to a point where enough is enough. There are many beautiful religious people with family and children of there own who would probably love the chance to serve in the church.
    Get rid of these disgusting excuses for humans , let the victims have a voice and be sincerely listened to .... Compensation is never going to heal what was done to them ..... They need to be heard and believed and admitted what happened to them was so very very wrong.

The abusers need to be outed to having nothing to do under the Heading of god or church or spiritual teacher and they need to do this now before the old ones die.

The church need an overhaul , a cleansing and replacement by family orientated loving humans with a mix of men and women in power..... The government needs to be in on this and it needs to be monitored .

Many people still want to find peace in religion and we NEED to protect our dear children and hear the victims and help them.

Regardless of if priest can marry , your either a good or bad person . Seems like the church of satan not god ......I'm not religious but I'm a good person , I cannot believe its taking so much time ( years) to admit wrong doing here and wrong doing on a grand scale.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Because Catholic Priests can't marry, It's not surprising that many of these..."unusal" types choose this profession. THey have no interest in marrying, and look to put themselves in a position where they are trusted. I'm not saying becoming a catholic priest turns these people into what they are!!! They are abnormal, creepy disgusting people - unfortunately giving other catholic priests a bad name.
    I do agree. Given they have access to children, are in a trusted position and the catholic church knowingly covers for abusers, it's a pedophile's paradise. Having said that, they gravitate to anywhere with kids and positions of power like teachers, scout leaders etc. The difference is that most groups that work with children have very transparent processes, working with children checks.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (12-11-2012),mrsdj1234  (12-11-2012)