+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Do you ever resent DH for not being able to breastfeed?

I learned from DS2 onwards to do lieing feeds (laying on my side bub laying opposite me on the boob) he feeds, DH brings him to me (crafles on his side of the bed) I snooze, when hes done DH puts him back into the cradle for me.. so not really much work for either of us

The thing I irrationally resent the most, is DH going to work.. even though Ive chosen to be a SAHM I do miss the stimulation and 'escape' from the little people daily dramas, and doing the school pick up alone with all three but of course there are many perks to not working too!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS (my first) DH would get up with me every night. He would get me water and massage my back and talk to me while I burp DS. He would also change DS's nappies and help settle him if hes restless.
    With DD (my second, 4 weeks old) DH hasnt been able to help at all because he is currently sleeping in DS's room. We recently moved DS to his own room and he needs a bit of time getting use to it.
    So I have been doing it alone. At first its very frustrating. While I am up every 2 hours sometimes stay up for few hours (DD is a night owl, still trying to adjust her night and day) I can hear DH and DS snoring next door, and then the following morning DH would tell me how tired he is because DS woke up early that morning drives me crazy!
    But he does help out a lot and he tries to look after both kids while i get a little sleep in in the mornings. I wouldnt want DH to feed and settle DD, because it will take a lot longer than me, hes probably going to fall asleep while burping her and will not wake up if she cries at night and he would get extremely cranky during the day with lack of sleep and would probably will get no work done! I am trying to tell myself everyday that its only going to be this tough for a year!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you ever resent DH for not being able to breastfeed?

I did to begin with when it was hard... But now(& was even saying to DP tonight) that I feel bad he doesn't get to experience the connection that I have with DD when I breastfeed her. Don't get me wrong, they still have an amazing connection! It's more the small things, like when she tries to smile at me while feeding or the silly faces she pulls lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know I would've. I already resented him for not having to play host to the babies while they cooked.

It was on my long list of cons for breastfeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews

No, I love it- it's my own special bonding time with baby...,
    Although I do get a bit frustrated when I've been feeding and settling for a good hour and come out to find he's been in front of the TV the whole time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Heaps at the moment! 19 months of BFing and I am starting to get a bit over it, DS is fairly dependant on his day feeds for sleep still and some days I just feel like passing it onto to DF while I take his place and get to do whatever I like!

Thanks
    Reviews

Well now it's 3 am the night after, I don't feel as bad tonight as DS has just slept nearly 7 hours woohoo! I'm so annoyed though I've leaked through breast pads, my bra and pj top so I took it all off, but then forgot to cover my other boob while feeding so now I've soaked DSs blanket and suit! Now ill have to go completely change him argh. I don't mind too much that DH doesn't get up, like I said more irrationally that I wish he had milk producing boobs too lol, he works full time and I'm on maternity leave so I don't want him to be tired all day at work. But when I go back to work he'll have to start sharing the load as ill be expressing or ff by then as a pp said I am such a light sleeper even if he did get up to do a feed I would be awake the whole time anyway. Lol and I love the sandpaper on nipples idea, that is exactly what bf felt like for me in the first 2 weeks, so painful!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you ever resent DH for not being able to breastfeed?

I seem to go through a meltdown once a fortnight when I am just so tired and cry. unfortunately DH finds this time scary and clams up but we are working on that. I used to feed in our room but DH snores so loudly that I was getting too angry and nudging him hard to shut him up lol. so now to save a domestic violence call i moved to the couch. I used to feel bad waking him until I realised that becausd DS is not a great day sleeper my job is harder than his. DH always tells me he will stay up with me but usually he changes the nappy hands him to me with a glass of water and goes back to bed. Bf hormones are not always fun and i really dont think men understand but just have your little moment and tell him off and move on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

When DD was a newborn, DH used to wake up in the morning and say 'that was a good night' as DD only woke at 4. I'd be like 'umm also at 12 and 2 but anyway...'. Grr! I'm also a light sleeper so used to just lie there awake when (on the rare occasion) when DH gave her a bottle which kind of defeated the point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There were definitely times I resented it, mostly during the early stages when he wanted to feed ALL the time! I also found it annoying that the minute bub squawked DH would try to give him to me as he thought he wanted milk... Ah no he just ate. Burp him and rock him!