+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you ever resent DH for not being able to breastfeed?

I mean in an irrational and humerous sort of way lol. At the 2am feelings I find myself staring at him with longing for sleep and a slight urge to punch him as he looks so comfy with the doona wrapped around him like a cocoon, and why can't he have boobs just some of the time! A definite benefit of formula feeding, he is lucky

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (13-11-2012),Bulbasaur  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Do you ever resent DH for not being able to breastfeed?

I resent the fact that during the time I was able to bf, DP could not understand why it was so painful (ultra sensitive nipples where even the slightest brush of clothing against them was and still is very painful.) To the point I was almost in tears quite a few times. I often resent the time he has to himself with adults during the working day where he can have adult conversations. also resent how he can sleep through anything yet I sleep so light that when he offers at the beginning of the night to get up to dd2 during the night so I can get some sleep I have to wake him up which defeats the purpose. I also resent how much energy he seems to have when I have so little. I also resent having to get up early the day after he let's me have an uninterrupted sleep in. It just seems so cruel. I resent the fact that he can't experience the massive hormone changes and how they affect your moods and s3x drive (or lack thereof) and yes it is hormones DP not you (who always makes sure I'm taken care of). i can't really complain too much though. He does do a good job helping me out.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    could you maybe express for him to take a feed? or is there a couple of nights where he could perhaps stay up with you? make you a drink and just chat to help make being up a little nicer? help with the change or resettling perhaps? i know its hard but hang in there.. also a kick under the doona on the shins can always be passed off as just trying to adjust things without hands/ arms while nursing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mummykitty For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Boxerdog, I feel exactly the same. Yes I want to breastfeed, yes I love my son and want to care for him. But boy does it suck sometimes that I am at his beck and call 24/7 while hubby can just go off and do what he wants.

Like yesterday we were at my uncles place and he left us there to go pick something up and would be about an hour. 3hrs later he got back! Man was I peeved, especially since it was 8pm by the time he got back and I was exhausted! And now I have been up most of the night with ds and hubby is going back to work today so could have an interesting day.

sorry to hijack but I just needed to vent.

men, they have it so easy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    YES YES YES
    I've thought about waking him up while I'm feeding at some ungodly hour to rub sandpaper all over his nipples and such.
    Not rational. But I think understandable. Feeding is hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everything desperatelyseekingsleep said!.

My DD1 was a terrible feeder and sleeper, so we eventually came to an agreement that I would feed and DH would settle. So I would feed at 10pm or so, hand her over and toddle off to bed with my ear plugs

Of course I still had to get up again 3 or 4 hours later for the next feed, but at least it let me get some rest and DH could experience some of my pain so it saved a small part of my sanity!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wktz For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately if I try to pass off the toddler to be settled by her dad, screaming herself to sleep is the status quo... not really worth it. Might have to change when newbie arrives though! Ah, babies... the joys. It'll pass, as you say, missie_mack.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you ever resent DH for not being able to breastfeed?

I used to when I breastfed!

I too got annoyed when he'd sleep through her crying at night while I was feeding her, it was so frustrating.

Once DD went onto formula he did a night feed each night and I felt so much better that we could share the load!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I told DF on more than one occasion that if he loved me he would take the drugs to make his body lactate. DF's response was "I mustn't love you then". It was all in jest (we are about as devoted to each other as a couple could be).

If you have a demanding baby (like mine was) then it can be really hard. DF used to walk around the kitchen with DD in the middle of the night to give me a break for being constantly pawed and needed during the night. Many times her eyes were just transfixed on the bedroom door as she just wanted to get back to me, well my boobs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No, I never really did... I was kind of greedy and liked that I was the "main" parent.

I did hate though, when he'd just hog the blanket or whinge about how little sleep he got. Oh really? You who just laid there doing nothing all night?

It continued like that even after she switched to a bottle... he just didn't do anything at night. Or ever, really. lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (12-11-2012)