+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Changing me - Week 3, Day 5 - Blog 33

This challenge is changing me in a major way. I am slowly becoming more of the person that I want to be. My attitude towards exercised has changed so dramatically. We all seem to keep saying this but doing my Zumba DVDs doesn't feel like "working out", it just having fun with the added bonus of burning tonnes of calories. I am now the kind of person who will come on here and say "doing Mix today I only burned 480 calories". Only 480 calories. Three weeks ago, that would've been a huge calorie burn...who am I kidding? Three weeks ago, I wouldn't have been doing anything that burned 480 calories!

Today I did Rush in the morning and Mix this evening. Yup, two workouts. On a Sunday. Traditionally whenever I'm trying to lose weight, weekends are fair game. I find an excuse to skip my workout. I give myself a "cheat day" (read: "cheat weekend") and basically undo a lot of the good work from through the week. Anyway, my weekend was good and I didn't cheat. I actually had little inclination to do so. My niece and nephew even offered me M&Ms today and I politely declined them!

I'll come back and finish this later, a friend's boyfriend is harrassing me on Skype but I want to post this just in case I get distracted and don't come back lol!

Okay, I'm back! So yeah, I'm really happy with the changes that this competition is doing for me. I'm starting to look past the eight weeks and into a future where I'm a happier, healthier person than I have ever been. I don't want to be the girl who shies away from photographs, who feels like crap when shopping for clothes and who hates seeing herself in the mirror. More than anything I want to be happy and I want to be healthy and if I achieve those two things, then the weight loss will inevitably happen of its own accord.

I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am that I was picked for this challenge. I hope and pray that those who are reading along with our journeys can have the strength and willpower to do this. To make these changes to your lives, to become an active person instead of a sit on the couch person. Life can be hard and it can get in the way but if you're committed, you can do this.

In Jenny's (anewme) motivational thread today I posted one of my favourite quotes ever and I've also added it to my signature. The quote is "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now!". How often do we eat crap and feel guilty about it afterwards? That momentary pleasure for so much pain. Barring actually injuring themselves in the process, nobody has ever done exercise and thought "oh damn, I wish I hadn't done that" or eaten healthy for a week and thought "oh damn, I would've felt so much better if I'd eaten crap!".

The other thing I'm actively trying to stop is the negative self-talk. I think we're all guilty of this (or I'm a freak of nature!) but I put myself down in my head a lot. A LOT. I can only focus on my flaws and I have had days where I've told myself over and over how fat and ugly I am. It might be when I catch a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror. Or when I see my shadow at the train station. Well I'm telling you (and myself) now. From here on in, this is going to stop. No more being the biggest cow in the world to myself and if I catch myself saying something negative, I'm going to endeavour to think of two positive things straight away to cancel it out.

My body is not perfect but it has handled everything that I have thrown at it. When I fed it crap, it dealt with that the best way it could. Over and over again I repeated the abuse. Starving my body of the nutrients and exercise it needs because I was so addicted to bad foods that I didn't care what it did to my body. I hated my body for being overweight yet I'm the one that got it there. I work in Payroll and one of the ladies at work always says about the system "garbage in, garbage out" as in if you put crap data in the system, you'll get crap data out. So now I need to put "good data" into my system. Eat right. Exercise. My body will be so thankful to me for finally getting myself into gear.
    Last edited by Apple iPhart6; 12-11-2012 at 01:06.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I totally get where your coming from with our change of attitude towards exercise. It's gone from a chore to something I enjoy. You must be very proud of your self.
    Congrats on turning down the m&m's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I am really proud of myself, Jenny! I love the "new me" that enjoys exercise. I cannot praise or be thankful to Zumba enough for creating this workout. I feel so, so blessed to have been given such a wonderful opportunity!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    I am really proud of myself, Jenny! I love the "new me" that enjoys exercise. I cannot praise or be thankful to Zumba enough for creating this workout. I feel so, so blessed to have been given such a wonderful opportunity!
    I feel exactly the same.

I wanted to add to that list of people to be grateful for....

I am so grateful for YOU and for the support you have given me. You have been a pillar of strength and support to me and I appreciate every last bit of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default Changing me - Week 3, Day 5 - Blog 33

Awwwww, I'm blushing! I decided last night that I need to learn to take a compliment too. My initial reaction is always "oh no, you've said something good about me, let me respond with something negative about myself to counteract it!". No more lol! So thank you, I have been doing my best to support everyone because you have all been so supportive of me too when I've been down or struggling. We're all on the same journey here and it's kind of like having workout buddies by proxy!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (12-11-2012)