+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Barefoot, socks or Uggs depending on the weather. My shoes usually get kicked off at the door haha.
    I think it's a tad silly to wear shoes inside (DF sometimes does & it irks me) so I am teaching DD that we take our shoes off indoors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Random question: do you..

No shoes inside here. Yuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I prefer not to wear shoes at home out of comfort, but have no issues with wearing shoes inside the house and I'm happy for any visitors to keep their shoes off (though I did have a tradesman walk his muddy boots across my carpet the other day which I thought was rude!).

I would never ask people to take their shoes off at the door, I'd feel so rude dictating to someone that they have to have cold feet just so my house might stay a bit cleaner (but really, it's not as if most people wear muddy / dirty shoes when they visit anyway!). A close friend of mine has a shoes off policy and I HATE having to take socks when I go to her house in winter - it feels so inhospitable. And what about kids; should a 3 year old be expected to have cold feet rather than leaving their shoes on? I just think if the germs on shoes scare you that much, you shouldn't have people over at all!
    It's not about the house staying cleaner. It's about the kinds of bacteria that lurks on the bottoms of shoes. It's not hard to bring a pair of slippers for the 3 year old to wear and having to take shoes off at other people's houses isn't hard, nor is popping a pair of socks on. Question: if i were to step in dry dog crap on the way somewhere to your house, and just wipe my feet on your mat, you wouldn't really appreciate me wearing shoes that had just trodded in dog crap inside your house would you? even if it didn't smell?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sometimes. We have tiles, sometimes they're cold, and even if you clean them every single day, they still end up dirty and your feet pick up random bits and it's just annoying.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I wear some covering on my feet at all times except if im in bed or in the shower. I have a pair of slippers at each of my childrens houses for when I visit them, and I will borrow a pair if im at someones house who doesnt like shoes inside. I never go outside without shoes, and i can not stand on tiles with barefeet even in summer. I know I am old, but I cant remember a time when I would enjoy going barefoot. Those people who say they have a no shoes inside policy, I hope you do have some slippers available for visitors like me. Marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    no shoes allowed in my house.

we all leave our shoes by the front door - partly because it keeps the house a lot cleaner (live on property with lots of gravel) and partly because in our travels, most asian countries believe it is bad luck to wear shoes inside the house.

we have a lot of friends from thailand and laos, it's just something we are so used to doing.

in winter i wear socks. i can't STAND it when people don't take of their shoes in my house!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go barefoot or wear slippers/ socks. If family members or close friends come round I like them to take their shoes off. Purely because I find it unsettling as it looks like they aren't comfortable and are about to leave (the same as leaving a coat on).

I walk to see people as much as possible. So a question for everyone that thinks its rude for visitors to wear shoes : if I've walked 45 min at a good pace to your house in sneakers, do you really want me to take my shoes off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Random question: do you..

Barefoot inside. Only time i wear shoes at home is on my way out and if i have just got home from work and cbf taking my shoes off for a little bit until i get comfy.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wear slippers everywhere inside my house. Slippers which never set foot outside of the house.

I have my slippers that I wear when I get home from being out.

Then I have my pristine slippers that I only wear when my feet are freshly washed when I get out of the shower.

I have floorboards throughout and prefer my feet to not touch the floor at all.

Hate shoes inside!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Random question: do you..

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I love to be barefoot, and we have a boots off at the door policy but due to dust storms and general farm dirt there are always little grains of grit even if I vacuum seven times a day and I can't handle it, so I wear my inside thongs. Kids and DH are barefoot or in socks.

These threads are such an eye opener. I never knew that toilet mats were so unsavoury - I always just used them to warm my tootsies! I've never thought shoes inside were a no no either. They are here because they're usually covered in sheep and chook crap!
    Lol Amen sista!