+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Random question: do you..

Barefoot or socks.

No shoes are allowed in our house, I think it's dirty and gross.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    We go barefoot. All visitors take their shoes off except my in laws. They refuse to do it. MIL says that there are more germs on bare feet than underneath shoes. Yeah right... so if you just went walking into some public toilets, you mean to tell me there are LESS germs under your shoes then? pfft. She walks around her backyard (they have a massive dog which craps alot, and sometimes you lose count of the number of craps on their lawn, there are so many), and then still will walk inside... does she mean to tell me, she manages to dodge every single dog poop that is sitting on the lawn? I doubt it.
    I read a study about the absolutely crazy level of bacteria (E. coli etc) on the bottom of shoes, which apparently indicates contact with fecal matter (from public toilets & outside).

I didn't realise they needed a study ...it's pretty obvious that shoes harbour disgusting bacteria, considering where they have been. Ick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I love to be barefoot, and we have a boots off at the door policy but due to dust storms and general farm dirt there are always little grains of grit even if I vacuum seven times a day and I can't handle it, so I wear my inside thongs. Kids and DH are barefoot or in socks.

These threads are such an eye opener. I never knew that toilet mats were so unsavoury - I always just used them to warm my tootsies! I've never thought shoes inside were a no no either. They are here because they're usually covered in sheep and chook crap!
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 11-11-2012 at 23:49.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews

Barefoot or socks here. Our place is really dusty as we are on acreage so I am forever vacuuming but even with that I crack it at DP if he doesn't take his boots off when he gets home.

No one takes their shoes off when they visit us.

I take my shoes off when I visit anyone. Even strangers. Picked something up off eBay and had to go in the persons house, so off came the shoes. I just find it polite to do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Kiplusthree  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Random question: do you..

Barefoot for me, ds in socks. If I am really cold I will wear socks but not slippers.

I hate hate hate shoes inside! Shoes left laying around is my pet peeve!

I love seeing and feeling clean floors. Though with a toddler it's not as clean as I would like!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    I take my shoes off when I visit anyone. Even strangers. Picked something up off eBay and had to go in the persons house, so off came the shoes. I just find it polite to do.
    And this.

Even if told to leave them on they come off.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (12-11-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I generally go barefoot or socks at home but if I've come home from somewhere I will leave my shoes on for a few hours, it's no big deal either way here
    If I go to someone else's house and they ask me to take my shoes off I won't be offended, but I never automatically take them off. Its often tricky to take shoes off at a front door while wrangling a toddler and whatever you're carrying with you. I find the "shoes off" rule a bit strange really. What if someone is wearing smelly shoes? Wouldn't you rather they keep them on to keep the smell contained?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Barefoot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Usually barefoot or socks, although if i've come home from somewhere and know i'm going out again later i sometimes just keep my shoes on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Barefeet we have a rented house that has white capet throughout (who does this) so i hate it wen people dont take there shoes off

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub