+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can someone please recommend a good sun screen lotion/moisturiser for eczema.

Hello there. My son is suffering from severe eczema. He is now 7 months old and today I left him out too long in the sun. It was such a beautiful weather today I lost track of the time and he does love the outdoors much. He is now sunburnt adding more 'itch' into his already itchy skin. I just wanna avoid having to do too much trial and error on what to use as a sunscreen as his skin is already taking up too much beating from changing moisturisers every now and then just to see which will benefit him the most.

Thanks in advance for any help you can suggest. I'm new here so please bear with me as I get myself familiar with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Can someone please recommend a good sun screen lotion/moisturiser for eczema.

a pharmacist told me to try hamilton sensitive toddler but i have not tried it yet. let me know if you have discovered anything that helps eczema

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Emma1234 For This Useful Post:

prettysier  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Can someone please recommend a good sun screen lotion/moisturiser for eczema.

I avoided sunscreen under 12 months and put ( and still do) DS in rash shirts and hats at prime sun burning times!) now I use invisible zinc as it does not use any chemical filters - I use the app oz sun uv which lets you check the uv rating anywhere is Australia on the spot

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

prettysier  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I second the Hamilton sensitive sunscreen. I use it myself, it is the only sunscreen which stops me getting burnt

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KnockKnockPenny For This Useful Post:

prettysier  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

I use Milk Baby sunscreen on my little one.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

prettysier  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    I second the Hamilton sensitive sunscreen. I use it myself, it is the only sunscreen which stops me getting burnt
    Me too, that is what my sister used our whole childhood as she's got very sensitive skin (I'm lucky though, I can use anything).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

prettysier  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My DD has eczema and we have had to trial a few of the sensitive sunscreens to find one that works for her and doesn't flare up her skin, particularly around the eyes. The best one has been Sun Sense Sensitive (purple bottle). We have also tried Hamilton Sensitive and Banana Boat sensitive but found the Sun Sense brand works the best with her skin. When she was a baby I used Invisible Zinc Junior and that worked well, but I could only find it in a small roll on tube so she went through it very quickly at child care. You might find it's a bit of trial and error until you find the best one for your child.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemmy For This Useful Post:

prettysier  (13-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Can someone please recommend a good sun screen lotion/moisturiser for eczema.

how are you all managing the eczema? Ds is in a constant flare up and nothing works

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Wotnot.

I only use invisible zincs on myself and DD. DD still gets a rash from zinc alone but not as bad as the other sunscreens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have sensitive skin with eczema and am using a zinc sunscreen atm, i do sometimes get a rash but only if i wear it too many days in a row so i take breaks from it (and stay inside or wear a chemical sunscreen instead if i need to go out and it is very hot) to avoid that.
    I recently had a bad reaction to banana boat kids so don't recommend that.
    Hamilton also works for me, i use that on my face (as zinc is too heavy for my face).

I have reacted to a few different sunscreens but can't remember the names of them.

Good luck.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

prettysier  (13-11-2012)