+ Reply to Thread

Default DD losing weight

DD is 9mo and has been a chubber since she started solids, and she used to eat quite a lot. Since her first two teeth came through about a month ago her appetite has dropped massively. Breakfast is now pretty much a non event no matter what I serve, lunch is touch and go between a couple of teaspoons and a 'normal' meal (2 70ml baby tubs of fruit plus finger food). Dinner is usually okay, but not as much as she used to eat, 2more tubs of pre prepped veg or pasta with finger food (meat/cheese/anything off my plate if my tea is ready too) and a few spoonfuls of fruit custard/yoghurt for dessert (which is currently getting very little interest, perhaps one spoon a lot of nights).
    She is FF and has 3 bottles a day, but has started not finishing them over the last week.
    I've never been pedantic about weighing her as she has not had weight issues since I started formula and usually gets weighed every couple of months when we go to the gp.
    She has lost two fat rolls in her legs and one in her arms and her nappy is tighter. She also feels lighter to pick up. I know they can lose a little when they start crawling/walking but it feels too quick and too much especially with our current food issues iykwim?
    Is this all normal or should I see my gp? She looks healthy but the weight loss is bothering me...

Gold Coast, QLD
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default DD losing weight

I just took DD4 who is nearly 9 months to the GP last week for the exact same reasons. She started getting really chubby weighed 9kg at 6 months and now at 8.5months she is 8.5kg. My GP wasn't concerned as she is happy and healthy. If you are still really worried then I'd see the GP just to put your mind at ease..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

TnA  (12-11-2012)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default DD losing weight

Definitely see your GP. It sounds like a dramatic change if you're noticing she's missing rolls. It can't hurt to see your GP

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

TnA  (12-11-2012)