+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default All she does is scream!

My 3 yr old child does nothing but scream .... more at bed time. Even after a book after and before anything i have tried. She head butts throws things and is completely out of control! Im suffering sever PND at the moment at im out of my league ..... someone help?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: All she does is scream!

And she has what i think are night terrors. :-( anyone delt with similar ?

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

How is she during the day?

Thanks
    Reviews

Good unless she doesn't get what she wants. Then she will stick her fingers in her mouth bite down and scream throw stuff hit scream.... is this normal 3yr old stuff... i read up on night terrors looks like she has them i will be talking to someone Tue about it. She doesn't sleep during the day.. if i try and put her down its a two hr screaming battle. Nothing seems to be easy with her.

Thanks
    Reviews

Maybe she no longer needs her day sleep, especially if she keeps fighting it. Maybe this is why she cries before bed too as she's not tired enough to sleep if she had a sleep in the day that she didn't need. Can you maybe replace her nap for just some quiet time if she gets too tired before bed.

Or, not that I've experienced it myself but maybe it's worms? I hear they can cause huge sleep issues from the pain.

Possibly she has an ear infection? does she get upset even if she lays down to relax and read a book or watch TV? It could be because she's laying on her back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    The first thing that springs to mind is diet. My DD and to a much lesser extent DD are both intolerant to a a number of additives, preservatives, colours and some naturally occurring chemicals so we follow a FAILSAFE way of eating.

What sorts of food does your DD eat?

Thanks
    Reviews

Okay, as much as we'd like them to still need a day sleep at three, they pretty much don't in my experience. If shes having nighht terrors, nightmares also in my experience = too hot. You could try having her slightly cooler at night whether it be clothing, blankets, or cool the room temperature. Might make all the difference. Because if shes too hot and having those nightmares then its affecting her quality of sleep, thus contributing to the behavioural stuff. Well rested kids are different children to tired cranky kids! Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Smurfberrylizard; 11-11-2012 at 23:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No she doesn't sound normal to me at least. Has it been like that always since young? How long has she been like that? I mean the defiance and screaming etc...

As for night terrors, have you had success waking her up? Hug her tight? She cannot rem anything when she wakes if its night terrors.

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree with no more day sleep its not ofteren i try to get her down for one but i might just stop altogether. Worms might be an idea :-) Laying down she is fine.
    Diet is good... Always weetbix or cornflakes for breakfast sangas for lunch andeat and 3vege 6/7 nights a week .... always fruit or vege for snacks. I will try putting a lighter blanket on her see how she goes... as for waking her i have tried and she screams more ( even with her eyes open ) she use to be the most kindest child! cannot remember when it started all i know os that iy seems to be getting worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has sometimes done a similar thing at night. She's also 3. I'll hear her crying a bit at night and I'll go in and ask her what's wrong and that starts a tantrum. I think when she's having a little cry she's not actually awake, it's part of a dream, and then I wake her up by asking what's wrong and it startles her awake. Now I just ignore it a bit if I think she's having a cry/talk in her sleep and then she goes quiet within a minute rather than waking up and having a major meltdown. She's stopped doing it now, it seemed to just be a phase for a few weeks.