+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Centrelink and Going back to work

Hi ladies not sure if anybody can give me an answer because Im not sure wether its a case by case thing but anyway hopefully somebody can help

I'm a SAHM (DS is 14 months) and due to our finances being pretty bad Im on the lookout for a casual/part time job. DS wont be in day care so I wont have the childcare rebate. My question is: I am currently getting FTB A and B and rent assisstance, so how many hours can I work without them being affected? I may have heard 15 hours a week or fortnight but Im not really sure? Will it be affected no matter how much I work or is it something that needs to be worked out case by case? I thought I would ask in here first so I didnt have to spend ages on the phone to them or have to go in there. Thanks for any help

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Almost certain it is 15hrs without your pay being affected.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Centrelink and Going back to work

It would be based on the your gross pay/fn, not the amount of hours you work.
    I have no amount what the amount would be though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (07-01-2013),Purple Lily  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    It would be based on the your gross pay/fn, not the amount of hours you work.
    I have no amount what the amount would be though.

Ok cool so do they work it out by adding mine and DHs gross amount? Because I did his estimate for this year does that mean I would have to put in an estimate for me as well? Sorry if these are silly questions, I get really confused by cl.

Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    This is from the centrelink site: FTB A
    Income test

If your family’s adjusted taxable income for this financial year is $47 815 or less, your payment will not be affected by the income test.
    If your adjusted taxable income is more than $47 815 for this financial year, your payment will reduce by 20 cents for each dollar above $47 815 until your payment reaches the base rate of Family Tax Benefit Part A.
    Your Family Tax Benefit Part A will stay at that rate until your family’s adjusted taxable income reaches $94 316 a year (plus $3796 for each Family Tax Benefit child after the first). Family Tax Benefit Part A will reduce by 30 cents for every dollar over that amount until your payment reaches nil.
    If your family income is close to the limit cut-off, you should check your eligibility after the end of the financial year, once your actual income is known.

FTB B
    Income test for Family Tax Benefit Part B

This income test for Family Tax Benefit Part B is updated on 1 July each year.
    Family Tax Benefit Part B is for families (single parent or couple) in which the primary earner has an adjusted taxable income of $150 000 or less per year.
    If you are a single-parent family with an annual adjusted taxable income of more than $150 000, you will not be eligible for Family Tax Benefit Part B. If your income is at or below this limit you will continue to get the maximum rate of Family Tax Benefit Part B.
    If you are a two-parent family in which your primary earner has an annual adjusted taxable income of more than $150 000, you will not be eligible for Family Tax Benefit Part B. This is regardless of the lower income of the other parent.
    If the primary earner’s income is at or below this limit, Family Tax Benefit Part B will be assessed on the basis of the second earner’s income. Secondary earners can earn up to $5037 each year before it affects the rate of Family Tax Benefit Part B.
    Payments are reduced by 20 cents for each dollar of income earned over $5037.
    If you are the secondary earner and your partner earns $150 000 or less, you can still get some Family Tax Benefit Part B if your income is below:
    • $25 623 a year, if your youngest child is under five years of age, or
    • $19 929 a year, if your youngest child is 5–18 years of age.
    You and your partner cannot receive Family Tax Benefit Part B during a Parental Leave Payperiod, but it may be paid after the Paid Parental Leave period ends.
    We will automatically adjust your payments to avoid or reduce a projected Family Tax Benefit overpayment. This applies to you if you get your payment in fortnightly instalments.

Hope that helps.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (07-01-2013),Purple Lily  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks heaps for that! Very helpful

Thanks
    Reviews

Does anyone know, do we include paid parental leave in our income estimate for the year?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Sorry Im not sure about ppl and the estimate so bumping for others to see

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes - definitely. It is income after all

Thanks
    Reviews

Hoping someone can help if I continue on with this topic - re FTB-B.

My DP will be on less than 150k.
    I will be finishing work end of june so potentially no other income in 2013/2014.
    I can earn up to $5037 without the rate of FTB-b being reduced. However PPL is roughly 10k before tax (tax free threshold is $18k? So i'll get any tax paid back) so with regards to the reduction of 20cents in a dollar is that only on the $5k over the $5037? I just don't understand that part of it? It all seems so hard!

"Maximum rate of Family Tax Benefit Part B
    These are the maximum amounts of Family Tax Benefit Part B you can get per family. These payment rates are updated on 1 July each year."

Age of youngest child
    Maximum rates of payment
    Each fortnight Each year
    under 5$144.34$4117.20
    5–18$100.66$2978.40
    Last edited by greenfairy; 07-01-2013 at 20:07.