+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Water injections

My friend had a c/s after bub started crowning so the answer is yes, you can.

As for the water injections, I didn't have them but another friend of mine did and she said it was excruciating, it did give her relief from back pain but she ended up having an epidural and then a c/s anyway...

When I think about all the interventions that my friends have had, I feel so thankful for my own birth experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know this is old but I thought I would add my experience since I have since had the baby. I had them and they were great! They really took the pain away but they didn't last on me as long as the last on other women. As for the pain - I didn't think they hurt that much but I had been so ready for them to be the worst pain ever that I was kind of like - of, is that it? I found it a good distraction from the labour pain and the second time I had them I chose to have four single injections from the one mid-wife rather then having two infections from two midwives. Admittedly the midwife was very impressed by my lack of reaction - she told DH I was a champion and you can normally here down the corridor when women are getting them injected. To me they felt like I was being burnt but it only lasted a few seconds and the back pain was GONE!