+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have never minded taking my own meat ON ONE CONDITION....and that is that I get to eat MY meat that I brought. I have brought what I felt like before and it was all cooked up and served on a big communal plate and didnt get what I brought. Was stupid Lol

So na, I wouldnt be offended but I also wouldnt ask if it was a party...a small gathering of friends is fine but a party suggests alot more people and Id cater in that situation. Id tell everyone we are cooking sausages and basic steaks and people are free to bring their own fancy cuts or chicken steaks if they wish to have that instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: BYO meat and alcohol

Yep fair enough imo. Meat is expensive! We went to a bbq yesterday and was byo meat. Then we all shared it

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The only time i have a problem with BYO meat is when people just bring cheap snags and then don't eat them but take first dive of the steak/other more expensive meat that has been brought. I've seen this happen a few times and it really cheeses me off, especially if i don't get to even eat the stuff i brought and get stuck with the cr@p noone wants.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Yep fair enough imo. Meat is expensive! We went to a bbq yesterday and was byo meat. Then we all shared it

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Hilarious that this post comes after mine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I have never minded taking my own meat ON ONE CONDITION....and that is that I get to eat MY meat that I brought. I have brought what I felt like before and it was all cooked up and served on a big communal plate and didnt get what I brought. Was stupid Lol
    lol we used to regularly BBQ at a friends place who would always say BYO everything. DH likes steaks and the kids and I like chicken kebabs so we'd bring $20 worth of meat and a salad. The hosts would contribute a tray of sausages. It would be served on a big plate and the kids and I would be left with a kebab each and DH with one little bit of steak and the tray of sausages would lay untouched on the serving plate Used to annoy me. Ok it's BYO. But if you want steak and kebabs buy your own and stop eating all ours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    The only time i have a problem with BYO meat is when people just bring cheap snags and then don't eat them but take first dive of the steak/other more expensive meat that has been brought. I've seen this happen a few times and it really cheeses me off, especially if i don't get to even eat the stuff i brought and get stuck with the cr@p noone wants.
    rofl snap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default BYO meat and alcohol

I wouldn't do it but that's simply because its not the way our family/culture do things. We would supply everything, and our friends and family are the same. But we all also would bring something just the same, usually a bottle of wine or beers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would always provide sausages, chicken skewers and make a steak salad. I would buy a case of beer and provide a few bottles of wine. If people want to bring extra then great but its not expected. I would always take alcohol and often salad/snacks or a dessert to someone elses place for a bbq. I wouldn't mind but would be perhaps a little shocked if someone wanted me to byo meat.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default BYO meat and alcohol

I would be mortified if people bought their own food/drinks to my house if they were invited over but as pp said its just the way we've always done things, it all works out even eventually between friends/family , plus we have a mix vegetarians/pescatarians/carnivores in our circle so we always have a wide variety of food - but I prefer bringing food to other peoples houses that i don't know very well purely as I don't eat meat and am fussy with what meat DS eats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We were invited to a BBQ last night. Was told to only bring alcohol and that everything else is provided. We actually travelled an hour and a half to get there. None of us had eaten dinner or anything...cos...you know...we were going to a BBQ.

So we get there and they served cheerios for the kids and had some platters with some ham and salami and cheese and other cold meats. They also served some mini meat pies, sausage rolls, spring rolls and things like that. This was at the same time as the chips and dips and things. So anyway I had a few bits and pieces but didn't want to eat too much so as to ruin my appetite. Same with the kids, they had a coupld of cheerios and sausage rolls and that's about it.

After a while and when all the hor derves (sp?) were almost gone, it occured to me that that was it! THAT was the BBQ and there wasn't actually going to be a BBQ. Needless to say we travelled 1 and a half hours home afterwards and had to stop off for something to eat cos we were starving LOL