+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default BYO meat and alcohol

I'm just wondering if its wrong to throw a party and ask your guests to BYO meat and alcohol. I have seen a few posts where people have gotten upset about it. I think it's completely normal I'm happy to bring some snags and a bottle of wine where we go but I'm just wondering what others think....just for the record I will have extra meat and lots of alcohol if anyone needs any but don't want to feel I have to cater for everyone's different tastes. Am I normal or is this rude?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It's not common for me to be asked such a thing but I wouldn't be offended/upset if asked-I bring something anyway lol
    Last edited by Chillies; 11-11-2012 at 16:35.

Thanks
    Reviews

We do 2 different things, depending on who it is and the occasion.
    Sometimes we say byo drinks and meat
    Other time we say (insert drinks here) and snags provided, if u want anything different bring it yourself

ETA: I'm more than happy to byo meat and drinks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like the idea of it, I think if you are going to host a BBQ then you should supply the meat. I don't think you should supply alcohol though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I wouldn't be offended as such but would think it was a bit strange. I think BYO drinks is fine but both to me seems like a bit much?? If it was close family it may be different but I guess it was not something that I grew up with as being normal

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: BYO meat and alcohol

I never get offended, but when we invite people over for a BBQ we usually supply snags and tell them if they want other meat to bring it. I've never had complaints

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I generally put on other drinks but tell people to byo alcohol but have a little here as well. As for meat, we say we will have some sausages here but to feel free to bring own meat if they want something different.

When it's family only we even do the whole 'bring a plate' thing. Like someone brings garden salad, someone brings pasta salad..etc...someone brings breadrolls and things like that. Especially if it's a regular thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Most I go to these days you take your own meat and drink

Thanks
    Reviews
    We usually say on our BBQ invites "we'll provide some snags/meat, salad, wine and beer but if you want to bring along any extra's you're welcome". In my friendship group we never turn up empty handed people usually come with a bottle or wine or a 6 pack plus some kind of food/snacks/snags. We always end up with way too much though! If they are good friends, i think its fine.

If its more of a formal affair, then we put it all on and people just bring a bottle of wine.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14

Default Re: BYO meat and alcohol

The bbq's we have been too are byo meat & drinks/alcohol. The host generally puts on salad. I always take something extra whether salad, bread/garlic bread or sweets/chocolate to share with everyone. I never take offense to being asked to bring my own. Even on the odd occasion we have been to a bbq & told "dont bring anything but your drinks" I will still take something for the host normally choccies.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub