+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just wondering if I can join in?

We've been TTC #2 since September, had a chemical first cycle, I had an emergency operation to remove my gallbladder in the second cycle, then BFP 3rd cycle but m/c at 6 weeks.

Just waiting for my cycle to get some type of normal happening so we can try again. I've been finding the TTC thing really hard so we've agreed we're only trying until May (when I graduate uni) and if it hasn't happened by then we'll call it quits. I feel relieved knowing we're not doing this forever, I only have to get through 5 more months of TWW's. I hate TWW!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: The waiting game- to support each others and keep us occupied!

Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    Funchu-Let's hope you did O and can hold off that bug! Fx for baby news coming into the new year!
    Thanks, but I'm pretty sure the fever would have killed any swimmers that were hanging around, & who knows if I even Od? Temp is back to "normal" now. I'm so annoyed

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I don't know wtf is happening this cycle.

First I thought I was ovulating early, then I got more distinctive signs a couple of days later (cd15 & cd16), now it's cd18 and I've had the most minimal temp rise, literally +0.04 of a degree!

I was so hoping to end this year getting a bfp, now I'm not even sure I've Oed at all this cycle

We've dtd for 5 days straight, even though we've both been really tired, and normally I'm always up for it even not TTC, but I just don't have the heart or energy to ask for any more right now...

Thanks
    Reviews

I know how you feel... I'm completely drained! I'm also pi$$ed off that I was on the pill for so long when it now doesn't seem like it was necessary. All it did was make me fat (thankfully all the weight has come off since I stopped taking it). Plus we wasted the last year "being careful". We should have just been going for it! I don't feel like seeing anyone at Christmas. I'm terrified that one of my friends will announce that they're pregnant & I'll just lose it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The waiting game- to support each others and keep us occupied!

Hi ladies, it's quite a stressful time isn't it? The holiday season can be difficult to navigate when TTC and I must admit, this year I feel like running away into a hidey hole until its all over.

I was hoping to post on here that I'd had my 5dt today, but it got cancelled at the last minute due to hyperstimulation. So the waiting begins again for me!

I hope you are all being kind to yourselves while waiting for 2013 to bring us all some good news.

Thanks
    Reviews

This is my first real cycle since my mc in November. I have 32-34 day cycles and usually o about cd 20 or 22. My lp is 13-14 days. I have a double uterus too which can make things a bit complicated. I really hope I will be my BFP on the 18th jan. I should o around the 3rd or 4th of jan, anyone else o'ing around the same time???

I think I'm going to start using my opks on cd 10 just in case the mc has made me o earlier or not...better to be save than sorry. How's everyone else going.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm a 35-40 day cycle & no idea when I O... first cycle of temping/OPK & I got sick right around the time I was supposed to O, so wasn't able to confirm (I was too sick to bother p-ing in a cup!) Although, I suspect I may have Od earlier than the apps predicted this cycle (ewcm), so maybe I'm in for a shorter one this time (or with any luck we caught the eggy...)

Arrrgghhh... mc is another thing I'm terrified of. It makes me sad when I read about it on here fx & babydust to all for Christmas

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi madewithlove. our first child who is nearly 2, took 14 months to conceive, i was honestly ready to go and start the process of IVF. i was convinced that something major must have been wrong with me or that i couldnt have kids at all, then all of a sudden i got back pain the week before my period was due and the day after it didnt arrive (was day 29 of my cycle), i tested postive.

this time around we have been trying for almost a year, but have had 3 months of not trying due to me having to have the rubella vaccination. i have been tracking my mucus to guage fertile period but perhaps i need to ramp it up a notch and start charting temp.

for those out there who are charting temp, do you think it helps be more specific? have you had many friends use this technique and have success?

Thanks
    Reviews

We have been actively trying for a few cycles now. Before we weren't using protection or BC and just DTD when we felt like it. After 6 mths of nothing we decided to be more proactive. Got health checks, started on vitamins, OPKs, charting and temping.

OPKs are so cheap so I use them from the day after AF finishes. Then when I am getting closer to O and seeing other signs I ramp it up to twice a day.

I only temp from Cd1 until O is confirmed. I found charting after that made me stress over the slightest drop in temps and bummed out only a few days after O that we hadn't caught the egg. In order to preserve my sanity I don't do anything after O and feel comfortable knowing we have done all we can so now we just wait unit AF or I test a few days before its due.

Our first was a happy accident and in some ways I wish that could happen again.. So much less stress and emotionally easier.

In the meantime. Christmas and holidays with the fam will be a welcome distraction. Due to test on the 31st. So I am hoping to hold out till 29th. I have three FRERs and a Digi I am saving for when I get a BFP. I just want to see the words 'pregnant' when it happens. I'm not buying any more this cycle so that should keep me from testing too early.
    Best of luck to you all this month too!!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sam, I'm glad I started temping a couple of cycles ago.

I found out I was Oing several days later than what I thought I was. Usually we'd be dtd around when I thought I was, but I now know that I would have been Oing generally after we'd started easing back - so our timing has been off for months!

opk's are useful, but it's great to have the confirmation via temps (using FF to record) that O definitely took place. It also makes it easier to record and see the correlation between all your symptoms.

It took me a little while to get into the habit of temping every morning, but it soon becomes second nature, and I actually look forward to it! Yes sometimes you do stress a little about what every single spike and drop might mean, but you just have to remember that you are looking for an overall pattern. For instance, I've now discovered that for some reason, I seem to have a temp drop around cd9 or cd10 - for me that's too early to O, but it's just a part of my normal pattern, so I don't worry about it