+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: The waiting game- to support each others and keep us occupied!

Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    Good idea. I would be keen to let them know if we both have the same batch and symptoms.

I can't just relax. We just don't bd enough to catch that egg every month...But when it's not O week we are 2-3times a week ppl max.

Both work ft...

... I felt grosse on the blackmores. Like I was UTD with morning sickness.., didn't help my crazy TWW brain much at all. xx
    I have a later batch: 255546, exp May 2014... so maybe it is the fish oil (or some other ingredient)? I was the same as you - thought maybe it was morning sickness (crazy symptom spotting again)... then when I thought it was the vitamins, I still thought I might be utd, since it says to stop taking them once you are utd!

DH & I also work ft & usually only dtd on weekends. DH commented the other day that he was "getting used to" dtd every second day! hmmm... He might hope tcc takes longer then, as I'm guessing we'll dtd less once baby comes

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Hello ladies, mind if I join?
    I am so impatient and the waiting parts of ttc are driving me insane
    I have been off the pill for 3 months, and have just started our 3rd cycle of officially ttc.
    DH says we are just "seeing what happens" but I am very actively ttc lol, he knows I am using opk's and can very easily guess when I am o'ing!
    Im CD 5 or 6 today and am a little worried about my really short and light af. this month it only lasted 1 1/2 days and was really light!
    It used to last 4-5 days and was reasonably heavy when on bc????
    hopefully its just my body sorting itself out
    Welcome! My DH is the same "seeing what happens". Meanwhile I'm temping, OPK, Ovuplan scope, 2 different phone apps... lol... I've been wanting to ttc for years, but DH wanted to buy a house first. Needless to say as soon as we bought the house it was game on
    I'll be 35 next year, so panicking slightly! DH also figures out when I think it's O time

I went off the pill 13 months ago (it was making me sick) after being on it for 16 years. It took a while for me to even get af (I thought it was an "oops" at first)... then they went back to their usual unpredictable 35-45 days! They have also been lighter than usual & for the first few I didn't have any pms symptoms (I took this as a sign I wasn't ovulating). Now I am getting terrible cramps & migraines again, like before I went on bc (but am glad to put up with it if it means I'm ovulating!)

good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Funchu For This Useful Post:

MrsLA  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    I have a later batch: 255546, exp May 2014... so maybe it is the fish oil (or some other ingredient)? I was the same as you - thought maybe it was morning sickness (crazy symptom spotting again)... then when I thought it was the vitamins, I still thought I might be utd, since it says to stop taking them once you are utd!

DH & I also work ft & usually only dtd on weekends. DH commented the other day that he was "getting used to" dtd every second day! hmmm... He might hope tcc takes longer then, as I'm guessing we'll dtd less once baby comes

Oh bummer. Oh well - maybe its just an unusual reaction to it? I think i already said.. but im on elevit now instead and having no problems at all.
    I also thought it was morning sickness.. it wasnt - sucked big time!

lol. Men are strange little creatures sometimes.. mine can be half asleep and if it were anything else.. he would dose off.. but i give him a little snuggle and kisses all of a sudden he is wide awake and ready to roll.

We are just waiting to get closer to estimated O day and start BDing like crazy on the SMEP plan. Been making him poached eggs for breaky and been making sure he takes his menevit so all the swimmers are healthy and ready to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome! My DH is the same "seeing what happens". Meanwhile I'm temping, OPK, Ovuplan scope, 2 different phone apps... lol... I've been wanting to ttc for years, but DH wanted to buy a house first. Needless to say as soon as we bought the house it was game on
    I'll be 35 next year, so panicking slightly! DH also figures out when I think it's O time

I went off the pill 13 months ago (it was making me sick) after being on it for 16 years. It took a while for me to even get af (I thought it was an "oops" at first)... then they went back to their usual unpredictable 35-45 days! They have also been lighter than usual & for the first few I didn't have any pms symptoms (I took this as a sign I wasn't ovulating). Now I am getting terrible cramps & migraines again, like before I went on bc (but am glad to put up with it if it means I'm ovulating!)

good luck!

It seems thats pretty common. The female 'clock' as it were does tick a lot faster.. and i am sure that with all the media attention surround the magic '35' number meaning woman are paranoid about being too old or starting too late.. it doesnt help with the 'wait and see' type of approach.

DH is more into everything now that we have had a BFN.. i think that and listening to all the doctors advice has now made him realise that his original theory of 'we will just have sex without condoms and get pregnant' theory was a little flawed. He still cringes if i mention anything to do with CM. But opks and temping he now understands why i do it, and has bought himself menevit as well. So im pretty happy that he is doing all he can at this stage.

I must admit i did feel some comfort when the doctor we see... who's wife is also a GP.. mentioned that his wife went crazy with OPKs and he was finding them all over the house everytime they TTC another child. THey have 4 now. So its nice to know i am not a TTC crazy person.. that this is all pretty normal and there is nothing wrong with being assertive and proactive.. knowing how your body works doesnt constitute being 'stressed' about making a baby.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

MrsLA  (13-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

im on elevit now instead and having no problems...

lol. Men are strange little creatures sometimes.. mine can be half asleep and if it were anything else.. he would dose off.. but i give him a little snuggle and kisses all of a sudden he is wide awake and ready to roll.
    I had a sample of elevit from my GP, but then I ran out, couldn't get to the chemist, so settled for the Blackmores from the supermarket (I didn't want to miss a single day of precious pregnancy vitamins lol). As soon as I went back to the Elevit I stopped feeling sick.

lol... my DH is always up for it (unless he's had too much to drink... which is banned for at least the next week! - I asked nicely... whilst wearing my best cranky wife face)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The waiting game- to support each others and keep us occupied!

Lmao. I did the same thing. No alcohol for two weeks pre O.

But I casually asked how many Jim beams he had left and if he was planning on buying more. He was totally onto me and knew why I was asking. But I was all casual about it and said I'm not telling you not to drink them.. I'm just saying its not old when we are preO. After O you can have ur one a night and I'm cool with it.. But u know. I'm not telling you what to do.

: /

He was cool with it as always.

Thanks
    Reviews

Lmao. I did the same thing. No alcohol for two weeks pre O.

But I casually asked how many Jim beams he had left and if he was planning on buying more. He was totally onto me and knew why I was asking. But I was all casual about it and said I'm not telling you not to drink them.. I'm just saying its not old when we are preO. After O you can have ur one a night and I'm cool with it.. But u know. I'm not telling you what to do.

: /

He was cool with it as always.
    ha ha - I briefly considered hiding the whiskey ...but DH would not be happy. He hasn't had any for about 10 days, so we should be all good for O in about 5 days fx

I had a similar conversation with DH last night as he has his work xmas party tonight. I was like "you wouldn't be drinking tomorrow right?... cos you have work the next day... & it's banned for the next 7 days (in "just kidding" voice). After that you can drink as much as you want for at least a few weeks... or hopefully 9 months!"

Thanks
    Reviews

I've also been feeding him random food that's supposed to increase sperm count.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!
    Funchu, you made me laugh with all your temping, opk, scope, apps but "seeing what happens" Im opk'ing and just lots of monitoring cm and initiating dtd around o time. It was a little randomly game on time for us. My bio clock just snapped and I was not waiting any longer.
    I also had some issues with bc really randomly. (was on it 15 years with no issues then Bam, my body lost the plot) My cycles have been pretty good though, alll around 26-28 days but af has been incredibly short and light. so not sure what that means or why only been off bc for *thinking* this is the 4th cycle so body still sorting itself out.

Im just taking folate and evening primrose. I had all my pre ttc check ups and the doc said I don't need anything extra in my diet except folate.

I've also been feeding him random food that's supposed to increase sperm count.

What foods are you feeding him?

Thanks
    Reviews

Bean sprouts, coconut, mango, banana... that's all I can remember atm. Basically anything with vitamin C is good. I can't remember why the coconut for men, but it's supposed to be good for women too. I've been drinking coconut water & bought a fresh coconut. YUM