+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Has your child's party ever been rained out??

Hey guys, probably a silly question, but my son's party is at the park this year and I'm wondering what if it rains!? It's not really possible to have that amount of ppl at our place and the park is all out in the open.

Have you had to cancel your child's party? How did they take it? Did you postpone or just cancel...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has your child's party ever been rained out??

We had my two step sons parties together a few weeks ago and it was raining that morning it was at a park and we decided just to go and see how it went it was really overcast but we still had a great turn out and the boys had a lot of fun, good luck I hope it doesn't rain for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had planned DD1's 2nd birthday in a park one year but we were only having about 20 people (which we couldn't fit in our house) so I just rang/texted everyone and we went to a local hotel that had a big undercover playground and we just had it there instead. They still allowed us to bring out own cake (I just rang and checked first) and the kids had fun playing and eating.

Everyone just bought their own meals and it was all good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Has your child's party ever been rained out??

Yep. Dd1's birthday a few years back. Went to a park and invited lots of family etc.. It absolutely pelted down. I mean flooded the park pelted. we were prepared forsome rain so we took one of those portable gazebo sun shade things just in case. My God it rained. The gazebo thing was enough shelter for the food and the oldies but I am stubborn and refused to cancel, we couldn't relocate cos it was too far away and had too many people coming. But as I was saying, I am stubborn so I decided to push on and get on with it. Today, years on, everyone looks back with fond memories and laughs about that day and how I was throwing that party rain hail or shine and how all the kids loved playing in the puddles.

Go for it I say, just let people know to bring wet weather gear.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always have a back up plan in place and get ready to text everyone just in case. My sons birthday is in April so Im never sure if it will rain or not. This year looked bad so Let everyone know to have swimmers ready coz the park was at a leasure center so if it rained we would just go there instead lol