+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 31 Weeks and living with hubby, mother and sister = frustrated!

My partner and I are living with my mother and little sister in a rental house that we share. So far it has been ok, we have been saving money for a house and buy pretty much straight after bub was born. Unforfunately just recently my hubby lost his job at the mine which has halved our income, I am about to go on maternity leave in 2 weeks and looks like we will be here longer. My mum is generally ok to live with but has issues and mumbles things under her breath alot. She runs around the house all the time cleaning and making the house immaculate and although we do alot and our fair share she makes you feel like your never doing enough. Hubby has got some work with a friend labouring so he gets home and is buggered, she runs around with the vacuum cleaner at 8pm when its usually our 'down' time. Me being pregnant am finding that she is strating to irritate me alot with her inability to sit still, I just hate to think when the baby comes along as I want a very relaxed environment and feel that this won't be the case. Not sure if we should bight the bullet and just rent a place of our own and wait a bit longer to buy a place or whether I should just grin and bear it and try and change my mindset about it. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wow. That's a lot to deal with while pregnant and I am not surprised it is overwhelming and frustrating. It's a hard one since finances are tight. I love my space but on the other hand there is nothing worse than insecruity with money.
    Can you retreat to your room to read or watch TV? Just explain you both need some time out together?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 31 Weeks and living with hubby, mother and sister = frustrated!

I was thinking the same thing, make your room a retreat if you can, or go for walks, sit outside, we have that downtime too at night, but if we have family staying it doesn't happen either, i love my peace, so if I'm feeling crowded I go in my room, clean out my cupboards etc, read, will be putting a tv soon too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found I got really irritated with family when I was pregnant. When you have your baby there is nothing better than having extra adult hands around to hang out a load of washing, get you some food or a drink during the epic newborn breastfeeding sessions or hold bub while you have a shower or a cuddle with your husband. Also great that your mum and sister will be right there to form a really close bond with bub which will make it so much easier for babysitting later on. Hang in there and vent as much as you like on BH