+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goanaspaner View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can lodge all paper work online. I went in there the other day to register and grab part work..
    They said its all done online..
    You will be entitled to it, regardless

Take your work to unfair dismissal???
    I've already lodge my claim for PPL online. I'll have to contact Centrelink once I'm officially terminated to change my claim so I'm paid directly by them and not my employer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    You can only claim unfair dismissal if your dismissal was unfair of course.

OP - what are the reasons?

Pregnancy doesn't mean you cannot be terminated (contrary to public opinion!). You just can't be terminated BECAUSE you're pregnant (or anything related). If, for example, an employee was a poor performer and was pregnant, they could still be terminated for poor performance. It goes without saying that the performance issues would need to be genuine.

OP - not suggesting this is what has happened with you!
    As I haven't been officially terminated I don't have the reason as yet but I do know that they are "restructuring" and giving my job to someone else which is unfair dismissal but I need to wait and see what the "official" reasoning is. It has nothing to do with my performance and if it did I haven't been given any warnings. I'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Termination and PPL

Quote Originally Posted by 1BabyMama View Post
    As I haven't been officially terminated I don't have the reason as yet but I do know that they are "restructuring" and giving my job to someone else which is unfair dismissal but I need to wait and see what the "official" reasoning is. It has nothing to do with my performance and if it did I haven't been given any warnings. I'll just have to wait and see.
    Obviously there are loads of details specific to your circumstances but restructuring and someone else ending up with your job is not in itself unfair dismissal.

Of course if you ever feel you have been treated unfairly or discriminated against you should contact Fair Work or the EOC who can give you specific advice.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm Ingrid and I work at the Department of Human Services in a team that responds to enquiries about Centrelink on social media sites like this. You've already been given a lot of great info here, but I just thought I'd confirm for you that if you meet all of the other eligibility requirements (outlined here) including the work test you referred to, you should be eligible to receive the Parental Leave Pay through Centrelink.

As you mentioned it's a good idea to let us know as soon as you have confirmation that your employer will not be paying you so we can update your details. You can contact us on the Families line on 136 150 (just after 8am is best to avoid wait times).

All the best.