+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Am I young an dumb

So I'm 16 an I found out my girlfriend was pregnant we found out when she was about 6 weeks. We dident tell our parents until she was around 10 weeks we have been together for about 2 years in December. She is now 19weeks 5 days pregnant today. I'm really excited to be a dad but it hasn't really kicked in yet we get to find out the sex of our baby on Monday. I'm hoping for a girl but eather way I'm a proud to be father to be honest it wasn't a mistake it was planned. Was it the right move or not only god knows. I don't regret it one bit i dont care what other people say I love my baby. An I'm a proud to be father but I just wanna know what all of your thoughts are about this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Am I young an dumb

You don't need our opinions.

Just know you will have tuff times ahead and a relationship changes once you have children (not for better or worse, just different) you have a good mind set about being a father regardless of anything else. I hope you have family support.

Please know its tuff being a parent whether you are 16 or 40 or any age in between. It's how you take a handle of the situations as they come that's important.

I was a teen mum (older then you however) and I had some wonderful support. I loved being a young mum (even though mine was a surprise) it can be very rewarding having children young.

I think the hardest thing about being a young parent that you need to be aware of and prepared for are the financial responsibilities that come with having dependants and still having time for YOU (this means your partner also) and this is where support comes in handy. Not to just drop bub and party all the time but to do have some time off and go and be a couple at times etc.

I don't know you situation but believe me when I say it's do very important to have a good financial set up behind you. Whether you have it now or are at least working towards one (qualifications) it will make the struggle of finance much less stressful which is key to parenting. Parenting can be stressful

I wish you all the best. Congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the comment it really helps an I have the best family support from both sides an I'm currently working as a carpenter so I'm saving I don't party an don't go out as much as I use to work an bubby comes first

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You sound like you have a fantastic and mature attitude towards this next adventure in your life. Its also fantastic to hear that you guys have such good family support. All parents will encounter incredibly tough times and incredibly wonderful times. Just take them as they come and give it your all and you will be fine. After all, nothing worth doing is really easy. All the best with it all.