+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default If your little one does not self-settle....

Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Oh for goodness sake its actually quite normal for children under the age of 2 to not sleep through!

My oldest didn't consistently sleep through until he was almost 3. Now at 4.5 he is an amazing sleeper, goes to bed at 7pm every single night and sleeps through unless he needs to get up to use the toilet.

Just because something makes a child sleep through doesn't necessarily make it the right thing for everyone.

I haven't read all the replies but I personally like the no cry sleep solution by Elizabeth pantley and sleeping like a baby by pinkie McKay.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub
    'oh for goodness sake' *most* Kids over 6 months are capable of sleeping through. If a child doesn't, apart from medical/feeding issues, chances are the child has sleep association issues which are fixable if the parents use the right tactics.

If a child doesn't sleep through it doesn't mean they are any less Loveable. But telling parents not to worry its normal ...is misguiding and potentially shutting them off from seeking help for what is (in most cases) an obtainable goal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    'oh for goodness sake' *most* Kids over 6 months are capable of sleeping through. If a child doesn't, apart from medical/feeding issues, chances are the child has sleep association issues which are fixable if the parents use the right tactics.

If a child doesn't sleep through it doesn't mean they are any less Loveable. But telling parents not to worry its normal ...is misguiding and potentially shutting them off from seeking help for what is (in most cases) an obtainable goal.
    Completely agree with VicPark here!!

I also love getting cuddles off my 4 girls but I get enough during the day so when it's bed time I get my last cuddles and straight to sleep they go..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

Here here! Agreed.

It is most definitely an obtainable goal and can be obtained via many methods, there's no cry ones like Elizabeth Pantley on one end of the scale then Tizzie hall at mid range, then plain old cry it out at the other.

ALL methods work. Some take a few weeks/months, others take a few days, it's about choosing one that you are comfortable with and one that will work with your child's personality.

If your happy to cuddle to sleep for years continue as you are, if they are at least 6 months and you don't want to do that any more or don't want to go for drives or walks in the pram change it.

OP, I know this has turned into a bit of a debate on sleep training but I hope you have found it useful none the less and you can make any changes you feel comfortable with to help your baby sleep better.