+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone who takes Effexor

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone else is taking Effexor whilst also breast feeding.

My GP and Paediatrician seem to have different ideas about whether this is okay. The Paed thinks it's fine.

If you are taking Effexor while breastfeeding, weekday dose are you on and have you noticed any negative effects on your baby?

I am wanting top increase my dose as I can feel myself becoming more depressed and anxious but I won't do this if it impacts on my 3 month old.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was taking Effexor for two years. It did seem to affect my daughter when she was born but she has been fine with it since. I recently changed to Cymbalta for different reasons and the switch hasn't affected her at all.

I was on Effexor 150mg.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arusaamatus For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone who takes Effexor

Subscribing to this. I'm 11 weeks with my first bub and concerned about Effexor both while pregnant and breastfeeding. So I don't hijack this thread, if anyone wants to PM me with their experience that would be great. I'm on 150mg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey! I am still trying to figure out this site, and can't figure out how to PM, but just wanted to tell you that I am in the same boat..first bub and on Efexor 150mg. Would love to hear any stories or advice that you receive regarding taking during pregnant and breastfeeding. I am going to continue on with my usage, as the hormones are making me a little too up and down anyway.
    Hope you are well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Anyone who takes Effexor

Hi there,

I was taking a high dose during my pregnancy. The OB was not worried about this. He said that the only concern is that when the baby is born they can experience withdrawal effects. However, if you're going to breastfeed then this shouldn'tbe a problem as there will be some on-going supply through breast milk. I was slowly cutting down through out my pregnancy but then I developed pre-eclampsia and the baby was delivered.

I was thinking of increasing my dosage again but I do not want to cause sleepiness...or heightened alertness in the baby. Neither of these things might happen but I won't risk it for now. Generally speaking...a happy Mum is a good Mum...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps for your reply. that is really reassuring.
    Would be great if your we're able to stay on a lower dose, but don't feel bad if you need to up it. I would love to wean down a little bit prior to giving birth, however I figure I will just see how I go and if I need to stay on 150 then so be it. I am getting lots of professionals telling me it is fine too, however it is great to heat from someone with personal experience.
    thanks again!