Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Bad form or ok?

Im a big believer in paying it forward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems really stingy to me for u to profit from them when they were given to u. If I were your friend & found out I woukd think it very ... Um I don't know I woukd think it very rude really.just give them away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bad form or ok?

Normally I would say no abd pay it forward. However I have actually been given loads of baby clothes for my children from friends when we went through the flood last year as we lost everything. Once they grew out of them I actually went ahead a sold most of them and used the money to buy more second hand clothes for my children as we still were in financial hard ship from the flood. I thought they wouldn't mind so much if i used it for that reason.

Generally though no if I have been given something and no longer am in need of it then I pass it on and if I cant find someone for it I send it to charity and I would hope those I have given stuff too would do the same unless of course the money was very much needed for another necessary reason ie food, clothing, education for the kids etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bad form or ok?

Give them to Melbourne charity St Kilda Mums. They make up little care packages of clothes and bedding for mums and bubs in need, often fleeing domestic violence. You can post them a parcel if you're not in Mekbourne

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (11-11-2012),FluffyDucks  (11-11-2012),suzymama  (11-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bad form or ok?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    Give them to Melbourne charity St Kilda Mums. They make up little care packages of clothes and bedding for mums and bubs in need, often fleeing domestic violence. You can post them a parcel if you're not in Mekbourne
    Thanks for this idea! I've just found out our last baby is a girl and have 2x worth of boys stuff I was wondering what to do with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    Don't sell them

Pay it forward and give them away with a happy heart in the same way as they were passed to you
    I agree! Such a tough spot to be put in but I say Pass them onto somebody In my town there is a actually a FB group for people wanting to pass on items to those who are in need. The rules are that the items have to be free and please only take if you are finding it hard to make ends meet. Its a very trusting page but I always thought it was a lovely idea. Maybe there is a page like that in your area? Not sure if any other places have taken on that idea but It's always nice to pay it forward especially this time of year Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Bad form or ok?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    I don't think it's good form to profit from someone else's generosity.
    Give them away to charity or sell them and give the money to charity.
    This! Multiply by 100

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Bad form or ok?

Bad form

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my original post I said I did ask her if she wanted the stuff back. Anyway most of the responses have confirmed what my moral compass was telling me. I'll give the stuff to someone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hari For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Bad form. I was given a heap of baby stuff by a good friend who told me she didn't want them back as she wasn't having any more kids, and hasn't. I paid it forward. I passed the clothes, which were good quality stuff and in good nic, onto someone that couldn't afford much. So my friend's generosity spanned 2 families. Give them to a friend, give them to charity. Or tell your friend you are selling them and you will go her 50/50 and you will pay the fees (given they were her clothes).

But selling things on EBAY from someone's kind gesture really gets up my nose.