+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Would you ever wear a wig? Like, NOT to a costume party/a play/etc, just... out?

I want my hair to be light brown when I grow it long again... but I wasn't sure how that'd look on me so I purchased a wig a few months ago from China... and due to customs it was held up and only got to me today.

OMG I LOVE IT!

Apart from the very top (because it has no real part), it looks like real hair and is just lovely and long and gorgeous. I felt like I was some sexy bimbo girl in it (why I like that, I don't know, but I did... lol).

Now I kind of just want to own a million wigs and wear different ones each day. lol.

BUT... I dunno if I could build up the courage to wear it out. Anyone who knew me would know it's fake... since my hair is short and dark, not long and light brown... but I dunno. I'm considering next time I go out for a girls night, just wearing it!

Would YOU ever wear a wig just out? Not to a costume party, not because you're acting in a play, not because you're bald and have no hair without a wig... but just because wigs are awesome and allow you to change your look in a matter of seconds?

(Yes, I'm looking for you all to convince me to wear it out... but it's okay if you don't and think I'm some crazy freak).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I wear wigs sometimes when I don't have extensions in.
    I hate having short hair. I just hate my natural hair in general.
    Having long hair makes me feel like a goddess.
    Wigs from the US are the best and pretty cheap (not great quality tho unless you want to pay big bucks)
    If you are after long hair get some extensions put in.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (10-11-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have. My mum has a few wigs and wears them out all the time, so I borrowed one a few years ago and wore it on a night out clubbing. It was a long, dark brown, layered one with a side fringe. Was sweating my box off after a night of dancing...it was sealing the heat in on my head and by the end of the night I couldnt wait to get it off. I guess it would be fine it you werent planning on dancing your night away

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Definitely not into extensions. Long hair is a PITA... it's why I cut mine.

I think I like the idea of changing myself daily. Like, "Yep, wanna look like a classy chick today..." and going one wig, and "Yep, totally wanna look young and carefree and cute," so going with another.

I got this one when I was actually looking for purple wigs... I want lilac coloured hair but it would destroy my hair to get it white and then dye it lilac... so was looking for a wig instead. Couldn't find a good one, but decided to buy a cute natural coloured one just to see... and it's suprisingly great quality. (I did research which type to get if I didn't want to spend thousands on human hair... so got a kanekalon synthetic... so it's not that super-shiny weird cheap wig hair stuff).

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I want to see pics of the long lighter coloured hair

I possibly would just for fun I've been thinking of going lighter because I'm getting rather obvious platinum white hairs. Dh thinks I'll end up looking like Rogue or Mrs Malfoy due to my naturally very, very dark brown hair. I'm torn between not continually dying my hair (only did it recently because of SIL wedding, previously was 2 years ago and before that 3 years before so I don't dye my hair very often) staying natural and owning it blah blah blah or go lighter for a while and then see how I like it as it settles in. I'm almost 29 so not sure I want to platinum yet

I prefer low maintenance and having to do my hair not for fun feels high maintenance.

ETA: funny you say about long hair where as for me long hair is low maintenance because I have a strong curl with a mind of it's own but needs layers so it's not boofy, so shorter than my shoulders is annoying as it needs help to looks nice I like having it long because I can put it in a ponytail or bun and it's out of my face. but we're all different aren't we
    Last edited by TeamAwesome; 10-11-2012 at 17:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep!!
    When I can't be bothered doing my hair .. Or if a certain outfit suits one of my wigs .. ( when I go out to see bands and dance.. Not just out for dinner)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay, so I'm not just some crazy freak. lol.

TeamAwesome, I just hate long hair because I always get it caught in my handbag. lol. I don't like long hair tied up, so I'd always have it down... but my hair would always end up tangled in my handbag, or I'd wake up (no matter if I plaited it first) with a massive birds nest in my hair that was impossible to brush out.

That, and my hair fell out quite a bit after my op, so it's quite thin while it regrows and it looked really dumb and gross...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never have before but never considered it. I did consider extensions but my hairs so thick and curly I think it'd be too obvious. I think to give an honest opinion we need a pic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A friend had a bday party at a nightclub and the theme was disco divas. She wore an Afro and looked amazing. I wore a wig of long dark hair, another wore blond etc . We all swapped around as the night wore on and I must say you do feel so different ! But in a good way ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you get it off eBay?