+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wrong way around!

My parents constantly try to feed my son cake, cream, biscuits and chocolates! I tell them not too, but they don't listen. One time I was trying to feed DS a banana, then mum comes along with a freaking Freddo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Wrong way around!

This thread has made me realise how lucky I am that my parents, DP's parents and even my grandparents all ask me what DS can and can not eat I am pretty relaxed now that he is almost 3 and let him have biscuits and ice cream or chocolate as a treat at their houses but still definitely no lollies or soft drink and if they have to give him juice it is always watered down.

I'm not so lucky with our brothers and sisters though. We have 7 between the 2 of us and 2 are great with what they will give him. 3 question it a lot but mostly just give him things we allow, and 2 have made mistakes by giving him lollies or soft drink.. (these 2 both came to me after to apologise and say that they see why we say no as he went so hypo).

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Wrong way around!

Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I have similar issues with my MIL, she gives the kids biscuits, ice cream etc. She says things like 'but ice cream is good for them, it's diary' which makes me want to spontaneously combust.
    I have to always be the one saying 'no' every time we go over there and i am forever trying to stop MIL from just giving them cr@p food constantly - very much a work in progress.
    She sounds like my mother. She wants DS to have icy poles when he wants as she believes its just water, yeah mother, water and a million bits of crap put into it.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I was eating sorbet and my mother told me to give DS a taste because it "looked like he wanted some".

DS was only 3 months old.

I'd hate to know what she would've given him if I weren't there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Everyone seems to ignore what I say too. My DS had ice cream at like 6-7 months while my in laws watched him for a few hours. They now give him a whole ice cream cone and if I say no they say I'm being mean. Then the other day while here she gave him straight apple and blackcurrant juice and he's almost 1. I was so mad! I'm very against kids drinking anything but milk or water till they are at least 4!
    My DH was an over weight teen because their house was full of treats and crap foods! I'm so worried our kids will develop terrible habits from this!

I know exactly how you feel. and I dont have any advice for how to stop or change it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    My parents constantly try to feed my son cake, cream, biscuits and chocolates! I tell them not too, but they don't listen. One time I was trying to feed DS a banana, then mum comes along with a freaking Freddo!
    Arrrggggg! My dad always seems to whip out a chocolate slab whenever I'm trying to feed DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    My 2.5yr old DD is highly sensitive to sugar - even an over ripe banana will send her nuts. Not just a little bit i mean over the top watch out hide the animals climb the wall crazy. She is also a choker.

MIL knows this. Knows i do not allow sugar. I have caught her giving DD a mintie (unwrapped) and chewing gum and laugh about it. She is surprised that she is not allowed alone with DD anymore!!!